Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pyrodex Pellet Placement >

Pyrodex Pellet Placement

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pyrodex Pellet Placement

Old 09-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Pyrodex Pellet Placement

When using 2 or more pellets, which end is best to put in first AND how should the following pellets be stacked?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Default RE: Pyrodex Pellet Placement

According to Chris Hodgdon it is only the first pellet that counts and the darker end should go down the tube first. I use 3 and put the black end down on each one.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Omega50 cal

According to Chris Hodgdon it is only the first pellet that counts and the darker end should go down the tube first. I use 3 and put the black end down on each one.
Correct!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

When I was watching a video today on the Knight Disc rifle I noticed (since I personally do not use them) that when they were loading the pellets (2 of them) into the rifle, they used a little stick of some sorts so they do not touch them. I am guessing that this makes sure the right end goes in first, but is there some problem touching the pellets? Do they fall apart or something? Just found that interesting that the person used that small stick thing, poked it through the pellets, then lifted them to the muzzle...
Old 09-07-2005, 09:23 PM

The little stick thing is a red pipe cleaner. They give you one in each box of pellets. Although I have not had any problem handling them, and they don't seem to be particularly fragile; the pipe cleaner gets them out of the plastic box and into the rifle very efficiently. If you lived closer, I'd send you some orange discs. Must be an eternity waiting to try out the new toy . . . .
Old 09-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I wondered what that was he was holding... since I never shot pellets. As for the orange discs.. I have some in the mail on their way to me as we type.. thanks for the offer.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

When I was watching a video today on the Knight Disc rifle I noticed (since I personally do not use them) that when they were loading the pellets (2 of them) into the rifle, they used a little stick of some sorts so they do not touch them. I am guessing that this makes sure the right end goes in first, but is there some problem touching the pellets? Do they fall apart or something? Just found that interesting that the person used that small stick thing, poked it through the pellets, then lifted them to the muzzle...
There is a very rare chance electro-magnetic shock that our body produces mainly at our fingertipscould ignite the Pyrodex pellet.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 AM

triple seven,
true enough, but the pipe cleaner's made with a metal center?!
Isn't that conductive?

I still prefer loose with a brass measure.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: grapeshot

triple seven,
true enough, but the pipe cleaner's made with a metal center?!
Isn't that conductive?

I still prefer loose with a brass measure.
Perhaps the material surrounding the metal inside the pipe cleaner is not conductive.... also the alloy may not be either.

I doubt Hodgdon wouldoffer a conductive solution to holding their pellets. Doesn't make sense!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

pipe cleaner makes it easier to pull the pellets out and also keeps you from getting any oils onto the pellets themselves

Quick Reply: Pyrodex Pellet Placement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.