Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 embarrasing ? about reassembly of Black Diamond >

embarrasing ? about reassembly of Black Diamond

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

embarrasing ? about reassembly of Black Diamond

Old 08-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Default embarrasing ? about reassembly of Black Diamond

Was able to go and shoot my new Black Diamond XR and was very pleased. Brought the gun home disassembled to clean. Went to put everything back together and have run into a snag. When trying to slide the striker plug into the striker assembly it will not go but about half way. There is a tit sticking up from the trigger assembly that is preventing easy insertion. I don't see anything in the manual about this. I don't want to force it and break something if it is suppossed to just slide in. Or am I suppossed to apply force and shove this little tit the other directions? Help and thanks

GHog
Old 08-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: embarrasing ? about reassembly of Black Diamond

With my former Traditions bolt-action, I had to slightly squeeze the trigger to slide it in.

We have Black Diamond owners as members here. Be patient... more help will arrive shortly.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Hold back on the trigger and make sure the safety of the rifle is not on. If the safety is on it produces a pin up into the striker area to keep that from sliding. It will also keep you from pushing the striker back into the rifle....

Try that and I think you can slide it in. Push it in as far as to where you can see the striker pin hole. Then put the striker pin in place, hold back the trigger and slide the whole works forward. Then add the spring and finally the locking lug on the back....

This might sound silly but make sure the striker is in right side up and not backwards. I discovered they will not go in that way also...
Old 08-28-2005, 07:56 PM

Thanks Guys, That did it. I had the Safety On. I had to take a screwdriver and push the pin down then move the safety to off, It then held the pin down. Thanks for the tip.

On another note, I shot this gun about 10 times this evening using two triple 7, 50grain pellets. Swabed the gun after each shot. When it came time to clean up. It was really very easy and a lot less messy than the old Lyman 54 cal using the Pyrodex loose power I shot about 12 years ago. Hated that gun..would never shoot reliable for me, thats one reason I gave up muzzleloading for all these years. Pull the trigger and ten minutes later (it seemed) the gun would fire. I did really enjoy shooting the BD today though. Sweeeeet!!

I really appreciate all the help and advice from everyone who has replyed to my posts.

GHog