Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Black Powder Reference Forum
Getting A Deer In The Truck By Yourself >

Getting A Deer In The Truck By Yourself

Black Powder Reference Forum Information written by our members to help the beginner, novice, and old-time muzzleloader on Flintlocks, Percussion and In-Lines.

Getting A Deer In The Truck By Yourself

Old 05-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can buy a hitch winch lift like the last poster made, from Sportsmans guide , they have one for 80 bucks and one for 89 bucks. I know a couple of guys that use them and love them. I am thinking about getting one for myself.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I just take the same game hoist that I use to hang the animal. Just remove the gambriel hook one end of the pulley inside the bed of the truck an hook the other end to the hock of one back leg. Pull it up to the bed an swing the rest of the body into the truck bed.

I almost didn't get a heavy buck in my truck one year before I figured this out...got all bloody an said enough of that!!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Spike

Here's what my brother uses. Best $300 bucks spent!

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...psaopx9ovs.jpg

Last edited by Sgt Recoil; 12-01-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I had another heavy buck this year that I used a different method to get him in the truck. I used my deer cart to get him out of the corn field and when I got to the truck, just let down the tailgate put the handle over that, picked up the other end of the cart an slid the cart with deer still on right in the bed. Sure saved a lot of sweat an backache!!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Getting them in the truck is no problem for me. My problem is seeing them and getting them on the ground. I swear the deer have spread word of my marksmanship far and wide and they hide when I'm in the woods!
Old 12-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

When I was young, I would grab any buck I shot and just horse lift it in the truck. Boy has those days changed... Now I shoot a fat doe and can hardly get her in the truck. But because I use an ATV ti haul them out, I found an easy way to get them in and out. My ATV has a winch on the front. And in the top corner of the truck I have tie down rings on the sidewalls of the bed. I take a rope, feed that through the tie down, then run the winch cable through a loop in the rope, winch cable around the deer, and then just winch that thing into the truck. It sure saved my bacon.

When I hang them I have a pulley on a rafter in the garage. I feed the winch cable through that pully then through a grambel hook in the back legs. Winch that deer up to the rafters and the with a chain, chain off the grambel and then just take the winch off the thing. No more gut strain, or sweating like a dog...

One thing I do! Throw your jacket or something over that winch cable. If that thing breaks suddenly, believe me ... you don't want to be around that. I saw a fellow get a nasty gash on his leg from a broken winch cable.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

i use an axe in the field for deer or elk ancut them into manageable pieces.if i can't get one into the truck i use a battery powered sawzall works great!
Old 12-24-2015, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toytruck
....... I used my deer cart to get him out of the corn field and when I got to the truck, just let down the tailgate put the handle over that, picked up the other end of the cart an slid the cart with deer still on right in the bed. Sure saved a lot of sweat an backache!!
Did near exactly the same thing, this year, myself.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

With an aortic aneurysm in my chest, I sort of lost interest in loading deer. I may risk it next fall though - if it shows no further expansion.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Banned

Get on of those bumper basket carrier deals. Its a lot nicer!
Attached Thumbnails Getting A Deer In The Truck By Yourself-11693915_905506369532589_8145623128930648190_n.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.