Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Very Expensive Moose Hunt

Old 05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Very Expensive Moose Hunt

What kind of Dog food was it,some ofthat stuff ain't half bad.I used to eat milk bone dog biskets with my hounds not bad stuff.

Like the ride,I bought the wife a new Suburban in April.
BBJ
Old 05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

You guys do know they make a truck for a reason????? If a truck isn't a reality or your one of those actually thinks the SUV's get way better gas mileage than your HUNTIN' Truck, they make this little thing that has an axle, wheels, frame, deck or box and it hooks onto a hitch so you can pull it with making no mess or fuss to your rig....it's called a trailer!
My Truck is a F-350 Superduty that sucks the fuel. I could have pulled my 25' trailer, but wanted to zip in and zip out of BC ,But paid the price big time on this one
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bob please refer to my first line "they make trucks for a reason"! Then put in the part you worked to get the smell out, ripped out the carpet and finally anti'd up to buy the mrs. a new 36K jeep....does that 350 really suck that bad in Fuel?????

BTW, I was just rippin on yeah a bit. I am now running a Ram with the 5.7litre gas and the only thing it don't pass is gas stations, so you don't have to tell me about suckin' fuel!!
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

"they make trucks for a reason"
Unfortunately a pickup truck is not an option for me. I travel too much for work so have to drive a car, the gas would kill me (50-60000 KM/yr) and the wife won't drive a pickup so SUV it is for us. And yeah I have a good trailer but you know how it always happens, trailer is back in camp ya drop a moose get full of goop then drive back to camp to get the trailer and the next thing you know the damn SUV smells like a dead moose! Ah what the hell, she hasn't left me yet and I have greased every one of her SUV's LoL !!!!! Whats funnier than that is one time I had a bear hide frozen and in my mother in laws freezer and didn't tell her. Well don't she go diggin for a frozen chicken or something and tears the bag and sees black hair sticking out !!! Wanna talk about a freaked out old girl, God I love hunting
Old 05-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry, I guess but if you have trailer why not just leave it hooked up to the UTE? I mean afterall you must approach everyday with the attitude "TODAY IS THE DAY", right?. My wife is the same yet she drives a van and somehow the truck is much to large for her...um ok!!! I simply have owned a truck since I was 16 and couldn't be without but I understand about travelling and mileage as I spend the early part of my career putting on 50-75K per year!

Any way that is flippin halirous about the MIL. My mother in law won't go near my freezers to this day after experiencing the wrong one when we were first married, she open it up expecting to pull out a roast and here were 3 whole beavers starring back at her. I guess she must not be able to read my writing, since this freezer is marked: BEAR BAIT! LOL