HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   swap hunts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/98001-swap-hunts.html)

huntnmuleys 04-20-2005 10:06 PM

swap hunts

not doing this to offer, just curious how many of you all have done this. in the bowhunting section a week or so ago, there was a topic on it, and one guy posted that he doesnt do them anymore because he had some bad deals. has that happened to any of you? i have only had great hunts, and everybody i have met through it has become a friend.

just curious to what the good hunt "batting average" is
brad

wyotrapper 04-20-2005 11:07 PM

RE: swap hunts

I've done one swap hunt and it worked out great!!!!!! I hope to do more in the future.

txhunter58 04-22-2005 09:20 PM

I have done quite a few and have yet to have a bad experience. However, there have been some that just didn't feel right and I declined. As stated above, all my swaps have resulted in good friends. Bottom line is don't try and do one at the last minute. Develop a relationship with the person and if something doesnt' feel right, it probably isn't. I have been to Alaska, Montana, and Colorado. Got one planned for next fall in Colorado. Can't wait!

PaRu 04-25-2005 11:21 AM

txhunter58,
Where are you planning to hunt this fall.

txhunter58 04-25-2005 07:53 PM

Will be hunting in southwestern Colorado next fall. Had 2 brothers that have lived in Cortez most of their life come down this month and hunt turkeys and exotics, and they are taking my brother and I bowhunting for elk. The added bonus in that I bought a cabin site in that area last summer, so I will be going up this summer and doing some scouting ahead of time. Just got my plane tickets today for the summer! July 1st I will be headed to some great country. Luckily my wife and daughter like to camp, hike and fish.

I have never hunted in your neck of the woods, but really enjoy summertime in your area. Lost lake is one of my favorite stops. Would have loved to bought some property in your area, but too pricey for me! Oh well, I got 3 acres covered with aspens about 1 mile from national forest.

car 04-26-2005 02:33 PM

I've done a few swaps with no problems. Made some very good friends. I works for me.car

PaRu 04-28-2005 03:17 PM

txhunter58, next time you plan on coming out here drop a line and maybe we can hook up for a hand shake.

RogerDodger 04-28-2005 03:50 PM

PaRu, was there much elk winter kill around CB over the winter? I will be hunting there the second season.:)

PaRu 04-28-2005 04:37 PM

Well if it ever quits snowing maybe all the snow will melt, nah we had pretty good snow this year still trying but don't think elk was bothered to much can't wait to start scouting and just goofing off camping, seen two elk killed by same vehicle and lots of deer killed but should be good. Before you come out drop me an e-mail and we might meet up.

huntnmuleys 04-28-2005 09:50 PM

while were discussing this, anybody have any swaps going on this year?

if i draw my vermont moose tag, ill have one there. having some guys from florida up here for antelope and muleys on a swap too. then there just may be this elk/deer/bear combo, which i would get as the mother of all swaps.....shoud know on that one next week

this fall is already shaping up to be a good one
brad