HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Heres my mulie (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/95662-heres-my-mulie.html)

121553 03-28-2005 07:59 PM

Heres my mulie

Heres the 3x3 I got the last weekend of hunting season last year using a model 700, 30-06 spittin 180 coreloks. I bow hunted the entire season of archery and gun and saw some nice class 170's whitetails that I just failed to capitalize on, but the last weekend I headed out with the rifle. Its not a biggie but at least I didn't have to eat tag-soup. ;)
I was in about a mile and a half on a forestrey logging road and was glassen a meadow and didn't see anything, other than a cow moose and a yearling going across the meadow, after a moment, I noticed movement, deer starting popping out of the ground, one deer, two, three, now I know the bad boy is going to show and sure enough within an hour of darkthirty I stalked to within 50 yrds and shot him through the heart and it jumped straight up and fell within 10ft from the shot, you can probaly see the blood on the snow from the shot. I dragged him out using a sled and he tasted very good, but I have shot whit tails in the same area eating the same food and they seem to have a better taste than the mulie, the mulies is good but seems somewhat stronger to the white tail which seems to be more blander. Bobby

elknut1 03-28-2005 08:03 PM

RE: Heres my mulie

Bobby---Nice work!!! Thanks for the story as well!!! You're usually a little longer winded there, what gives??? <grin> :)-------------------------------------------ElkNut1

huntnmuleys 03-28-2005 09:23 PM

nice deer buddy,
i have never had a whitetail that tasted better than the mule deer we have here where i hunt. im sure that the fact that they eat alfalfa year round has something to do with it, but they taste great. the antelope there taste even better.
anyway, great buck, and just think, were half way back round to another fall!!!

brad

idahoelkinstructor 03-28-2005 10:32 PM

bobby- nice buck he looks like a very healthy animal and good eating too!

buckhunter14 03-29-2005 04:39 AM

nothing wrong with him, I'd be proud!

Wolf killer 03-29-2005 10:00 AM

Way to go Bobby. I hunted one buck all season, I never got a shot at him.
If you ever want some tag soup stop by the house.:D One pot of soup lasts all year.[:@]
Tag makes the wolds largest sandwich also.;)

hillbillyhunter1 03-29-2005 12:19 PM

good goin Bobby

ike1371 03-29-2005 05:52 PM

not too shabby. nice kill.;)

justhuntitall 03-29-2005 06:15 PM

Thanks for the pics.

handloader1 03-29-2005 10:53 PM

Congratulations!!