Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Where would you live/retire? >

Where would you live/retire?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where would you live/retire?

Old 02-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where would you live/retire?

Hey Outwesthunter,

Does your Mom and Dad work at National Life? If so, I work with your Dad. Small world isn't it!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see california tags moving in all around and bringing their Hilliary ideas here and wanting to change it here like it was back in california

I am sure we could swap stories for hours about how the Cali's are messing up our great state. I have a buddy over in Helena whos family has owned a dairy farm for well, way longer than I have been on this earth. A California couple bought the land next to them and asked them to shut down their farm because they didn't like how it smelled.[:@]
Old 02-17-2005, 12:49 AM

Yep them's the people who live on the ocean side of the Great San Andreas fault. The sooner it dumps them into the Channel Islands the better! [8D]
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't mind moving to the Flagstaff, Arizona area. My wife has family in Tucson so we would a lot closer then we are now. They get snow in Flagstaff, I got to have some snow. I live in Syracuse, N.Y. and we get more snow then any city in the world with a population of 100,000 people or more! 30 to 45 minutes north of Syracuse is the Tugg Hill Plateau. Its the snowest place in the country east of the Mississippi River with annual snow falls of 200 to 400 inches. They measure the lake effect snow by the foot up there, and the snowmobiling is awesome. So I think Flagstaff would be nice.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:30 PM

Sounds like BC, Canada might be the place for you!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Even more than Buffalo? [:-]
Old 02-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

Even more than Buffalo? [:-]
Buffalo isn't even in the top 10. They do get a lot of snow in Buffalo, but not as much as Syracuse. Buffalo gets more snow earlier in the "snow season" then Syracuse, but by mid-January Lake Erie is usually frozen solid and they don't get the lake effect snow that they do earlier in the season. Lake Ontario Never freezes solid so Syracuse and the rest of Central New York get hammered all winter long!

Check this out. Our average snow fall is right around 120 inches a year, so this must be a little old! The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cities are pretty small.
http://www.joson.com/gen-infor/snows.htm
Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tennessee
Old 02-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

funny 1950 kid thats the same state the wife and i have been thinking of...lol
Old 02-22-2005, 01:06 PM

I live in Washington state and I'm getting out. Too many people. I've hunted Montana and Wyoming and if you fellers that live in those states think you have a lot of hunters you should see it here. I'm taking a trip to Montana soon. Can't stand to be away from those mountains that long. I'm kinda retired now.

Quick Reply: Where would you live/retire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.