Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Elk Moose hybrid, Melk

Old 02-07-2005, 06:42 PM

Default RE: Elk Moose hybrid, Melk

There is a sub group of Indian elephants that have "reverted" back to their early ancestors. You know, the kinds that had the big bulbous foreheads and are just huge. There was a special on discovery about it. They got them on film. Amazing
Old 02-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk Moose hybrid, Melk

robinhood36 had a kid in his town that had a big bulous head, Do you think that he was reverting back to a neandrothol?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default I saw what looked like a moose elk hybrid

While I was deer hunting this year I saw a bull and cow moose bedded on my grandpas property. I am sure it was just strange antler growth but the antlers on the bull looked exactly like those of a bull elk. No palmation at all and six points on both sides. Other than the antlers it looked like a just like a moose. Can't say if it was a hybrid or not but I certainly would not call anybody stupid for asking if there is such an animal. To me somebody that calls someone else stupid for asking a question is the sign of somebody trying to hide there own insecurites and dare i say, stupidity. Just my own humble opinion though.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Larry,
Have you tried to contact the paper? Finding a copy of the original article might help with the research.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

deer dudes...this post if from 2005....alot of kids born since then lol...talk about dig some stuff up
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Mallards breed with just about everything! Wierder things have happened
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Turkins are not a cross between a chicken and turkey. They are 100% chicken. You can order them as chicks from some hatcheries. You can cross pheasants and chickens. There is a difference between animals of different species mating and whether there is enough genetic compatibility for fertilization to occur. Then there has to be enough compatibility on top of that for a fetus to grow to term.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Um, no...................
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Spike

I dont see why this could not happen/ They did fine a hunter up North somewhere. I think Alaska for shooting a polar bear that looked more like a grizzly. Come to find out it had Dna of a grizz but looked like a polar bear.

Weirder stuff has happened!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Iv never heard of or seen anything like that in my life,i live in moose and elk country.if it is possable for them to breed id sure like to try a melk steak.

Quick Reply: Elk Moose hybrid, Melk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.