Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 North America Hunting Club... >

North America Hunting Club...

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

North America Hunting Club...

Old 01-18-2005, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default North America Hunting Club...

I just received a letter inviting me to join this organization. From what I read, it sounds similar to the old rca-type music clubs that would send you albums/cd and if you liked them you bought them; if not you return them. In this case; however, they send you books and videos about the type of hunting you enjoy.

In addition, they talk about all these great deals you get on gear, hunts, etc...

Let me know if you have any experience with this org. If the books, videos, magazines they provide is of value, I can see joining on that alone. I'm quite skeptical on the gear, hunts deals/giveaways. Seems too good to be true.

Any information is appreciated.

Cheers
Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: North America Hunting Club...

There are a lot of these clubs for both hunting and fishing. Be careful because some of the things they promis like free equipment don't happen. As far as the books and videos you will get flooded with them and they charge if you don't send them back. Kind of a pain in the butt. I canceled my last video and DVD plan because I was constantly being sent stuff I didn't want. Just my opinion though. I am sure there are others who like the clubs.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

They will always be trying to sell you something. I hate it when anyone sends me stuff then its up to me to send it back or get stuck paying for it. The Magazine is kind of nice though.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

North American Hunting Club ( NAHC) has been around for years. About 15 years ago I joined on the promise of being able to test out new products and then telling my opinion on them. Well that never happened.
Back then they did send out books and other stuff like RCA and you had to return them or be charged. I still have 1 or 2 of there books. They are pretty cheap on eBay and could get a better deal on them there.
I quit being a member after 2 years as back then their material didn't seem up to date. It was some good reading on the basic's. They might have changed or updated their material by now.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:34 AM

undefined
My experience is that all of the so called hunting and fishing clubs etc. are a joke,just out to get your money.
They offer little more than a window decal and some cheesy magazines and videos,flood your mail box with offers,sell your address to spammers
and give you a wallet card stating you are a member of the Dumb A$$ club!

I should also add that if you want to belong to an hunting or fishing orginization that there are in my opinion some fine ones yo can join.

The ones that I belong to are The NRA, Trout unlimited, Ducks unlimited the Rocky Mt. Elk foundation and the Nat. Wild Turkey Federation.
I am sure that there are also others in this class.
These will use your membership fees for thhe betterment of hunting and fishing while helping to protect your hunting rights and your right to keep and bear arms.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:06 PM

what Fairchase said about sums it up for NAHC & their sister NAFC.
I live in Pa, a guy 4 doors away saw a picture of the buck he killed in Nebraska on the cover of one of NAHC's brochures for videos, telling how this club member killed his buck on a NAHC recommended hunt with a outfitter from Sask....they had bought the picture from his outfitter in Nebraska......
My neighbor sued them for using his picture under false conditions....he won
NAHC is a joke and just wants your $$ for their magazine ( which really isn't that bad)
Old 01-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a Life Member of NAHC, and they have come through with every promise they made me. If they send you something you didn't order, just wright REFUSED on the package and drop it in a mailbox. I have tested seven different products for them; three of them were before I was a Life Member. All the products I have purchased from them has been top quality, and have a lifetime guaranty. Their site has all kind of usefull infromation for the sportsman. They also have a board simmular to this site. Their magazine is also very informative. I have enjoyed being a NAHC Member. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:25 AM

i too am a life member of nahc they never broke one promis to me either and ive tested 4 producks already and got to keep them for free too. The magazine is good and they have shooting ranges in every state for there members. Its probably the biggest hunting club in the nation bigger than sci being a member makes u eligable for special hunts too which i will go on one of these days. Its a wonderful club in my opinion
Old 01-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: fairchase Larry

My experience is that all of the so called hunting and fishing clubs etc. are a joke,just out to get your money.
They offer little more than a window decal and some cheesy magazines and videos,flood your mail box with offers,sell your address to spammers
and give you a wallet card stating you are a member of the Dumb A$$ club!
You hit it on the head JOKE!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:14 PM

handloader and greenjeans,

Can you tell me what products they had you test?

Regards,
Steve

Quick Reply: North America Hunting Club...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.