Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 25% of UT nonres tags gone next year >

25% of UT nonres tags gone next year

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

25% of UT nonres tags gone next year

Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 PM

Default 25% of UT nonres tags gone next year

I hope you guys realize that SFW and RMEF are in the works to pull 25% of all the limited elk tags in UT and raffle them off at a SFW convention in UT next year. You now will lose 1of4 tags unless you can afford to go to UT in person to apply for these, and yes residents will also have a shot at them. In perspective they only will pull 2.5% of the resident tags for the same
Please read this post for more info.... its the beginning of the end of hunting other states unless you are a rich man.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforu...mID7/4453.html
Old 01-13-2005, 06:00 AM

Default RE: 25% of UT nonres tags gone next year

I like the SWF and what they are trying to do. Especially with the wolf issue. But between them and George Taulman (USO) I will side with SWF hands down.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:22 PM

I think they are doing great things too, but really messed up on this one. the residents get 90% of the tags already but yet they are going to try and pull 10 times as many tags out of the nonres pool for this convention over the resident pool??
This will put the nonres application pool percentage at only 7% now. The elk tag numbers would have to increase 200% total just to get the nonres numbers back to where they were before the pulling of these tags. but yet the reidents will only need to gain 2.5% increase in tags to get back to where they started.
Voice your concerns to these groups, tell them you would rather give money some other way rather than have to fly to UT and go to a convention.
Look at it this way, you buy a 350 dollar plane ticket, 100$ motel, 150$ rental car, 100% food for roughly a total of 700$ and where did the money go??? to the airlines, rental companies, motels, ect. Why not raise the normal nonresident application fees and leave us out of the convention. that way the money goes directly to the cause, not the economy. United airlines isnt going to donate jack squat to elk management. this is a real stuipid plan that makes USO look more appealing.....
Old 01-13-2005, 06:50 PM

lets do some math for you since they (SFW) keep saying this will benifit the nonresidents in the future. with the proposed numbers the amount of tags will have to exactly DOUBLE for nonresident to get back to where they started with this plan. doubleing the numbers will not increase our odds one bit!! just break even!!
How you ask?? simple math, correct me if i am wrong.
Residents lose 2.5%, but the nonres take it in the shorts and lose 25%, or ten times as many percantage wise.
So... as the tag numbers do increase, how many will the nonres get back?? of course the usual one out of 10!!
So take away 10 times as many but then give back 10% in the future and you need the total tag amount to DOUBLE from what it is now!!
Is this your idea of helping your orgs get support from hunters who travel arcoss state lines?? contact SFW and RMEF and let them know you dont agree, or watch elk hunting on TV forever on.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:48 PM

No one else have comments or care about the future of hunting out of state of public land??