Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Huge 1100+ lb Hog (PICS)

Old 01-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Huge 1100+ lb Hog (PICS)

Not sure exactly where to post this, but I got this email from a friend and I thought I would share. I'm assuming this fits best in the Big Game area. Not sure if the story is real, made up, or what but here is goes.

The fellow in the pictures is BOB LANCASTER. He lives about 30 miles from Houston in a very rural community. He has 20 acres of land and on it, a few cows and horses. Mostly it's pasture land that is fenced with woods surrounding him. He is neighbored by a larger cattle ranch. His neighbor has complained for several years that wild hogs had been raiding his cattle feeders and salt licks. Last month he saw what he thought was a cow in his pond and went to see if it was stuck in the mud and would have to be pulled out. When he got close enough to realize it was a hog, the thing made a charge at him. He had driven his truck down to the pond and carries a pistol in it (as any Texas redneck would, and I say that with genuine affection). He got his handgun and when it came at him again, he shot it twice and killed it. Wild hogs in Texas usually run from 100-400 pounds with a 400 pounder being a monster. Because this one had been feasting on grain for several years, it had grown to mammoth size. When Bob took it to the processor it weighed in at over 1100 pounds! The meat has no wild taste, as it was grain fed and the Bob is quite the hero. He has fed many firemen and provided the homeless shelter in downtown Houston with a couple of meals

Old 01-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huge 1100+ lb Hog (PICS)

Old 01-07-2005, 10:09 AM

I think this is a hoax. I received the same email about a month age identifying the hunter with a different name and stating that he was from Florida.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Hmm, well, I am admittedly skeptical, but I do know the story did become an urban legend of sorts quite quickly! You may be interested in checking out the following thread about the situation.

http://www.womenhunters.com/non-cgi/...=000024#000009

If the link fails to bring you to the right location, you may access the thread under "Re: Feral hogs?" at womenhunters.com.

Kimberly
-------------------
Field Staff Writer, WomenHunters
Old 01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I didn't think it sounded true either, but regardless of the story, it sure is a hog!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:22 PM

You got that right! How come I never see 'em like that?!

Kimberly
Old 01-07-2005, 02:01 PM

If I hadn't seen one I would have trouble beleiving it too. Last september I spent a week early scouting for Deer and trying to bag a large hog we had seen sign of on the ranch I hunt. After a long wet rainy day I finally left my spot and was headed back to my truck when I see this VW size pig headed across the field to a feeder. I stalked up to about 70 yards before I had to stop, no cover and the wind was at my back. It was still raining, to dark for scope crosshairs and to be able to tell front from back on this Hog but he did fill the entire space between the feeder legs quite easily, about 8 feet. While maybe not the 1100 lb monster I am sure he went 700 or 800 lbs. I took my best shot right in the middle and off he went. I am pretty sure I hit him but he did not expire on our ranch. Not sure how I would have loaded him anyway. I was by myself and don't have a winch to get him in the truck. Given the right diet I think a big boar could get to 1k LBs.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/t....asp?area=news
This is what Boone-Crockett has. I just don't know about authenticity or not....
Old 01-08-2005, 06:15 PM

I saw that on another forum.The guy said he got it in a email,but he said he was from florida.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regardless this hogg is absolutely huge ,and would definetly be a trophy of sort's ,but I'm not so sure I'd want him mounted on the wall.Someone had to harvest this hogg so there's got to be some truth to this story somewhere.

nubo

Quick Reply: Huge 1100+ lb Hog (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.