Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
hunting WYOMING  who is going to be here >

hunting WYOMING who is going to be here

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunting WYOMING who is going to be here

Old 09-01-2002, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting WYOMING who is going to be here

We will be down south the snowy range mtns, savage run wilderness area hunting cows( elk) only this yr.

First yr we moved here(Wy) winter of 89-90 the bank therm, read minus -48*f in town.
Wish the town was more like then - more of a ghost town is to my liking. lol

Good luck hunting to yall wherever you are.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:25 PM

Lived there for quite a few years. Very good possibility of taking a trophy Muley. Bring the best optics( spotting scope or binoculars) you can afford and a flat shooting rifle. My sister bagged a real nice 4x4 in 119 three years ago. Last year I was hunting elk over there with my folks and saw some real dandies. Those monsters will be down in the creek bottoms in the morning come November. Don't be afraid to walk either. I have seen some of the biggest mulies in the state over there but they have been many miles from a road.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hunting unit 119 close to Thermopolis. Never been there, but hear good things about the tag.( November)
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 09-03-2002, 02:33 PM

Hunting cow elk in 37, whitetail doe in 23/26, and antelope doe in 109. God I love this state. Hunting for three species all within twenty minutes of my bed and the possibility of a triple slam in one day! Have a double to my name but not the triple yet. If anyone is going to be hunting 37 for elk and wants to venture down on to the face with me let me know. Was up yesterday and by the sounds of the shooting the folks on private ground are already filling the freezer or just can shoot worth a darn.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:41 PM

Early Oct. for deer and antelope. How is the cwd looking in your area? I will be hunting the area just west of Laramie. Iowa will not allow us to bring back any animals from a cwd area unless they are deboned and antlers have clean skull plates. I am not wanted to start a cwd argument just was wondering if you have run into it at all?