Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What kind of hunting/fishing video's would you buy? >

What kind of hunting/fishing video's would you buy?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What kind of hunting/fishing video's would you buy?

Old 12-28-2004, 03:15 AM

Default What kind of hunting/fishing video's would you buy?

I went to Walmart last week, and was browsing the sporting goods, I came across a few DVD's on hunting, I was wondering what kind of video's would you like to see available for the outdoor enthusiast, for example, a how to Video/DVD on at home gunsmithing, or a survival in the wilderness series, other idea's I was thinking of, elk/deer hunting tactics, or proper GPS/compass with instruction in the outdoors and not a class room. If you could order/buy any instructional DVD/Video what would you like to see on the shelves in the hunting departments in sporting goods stores?

Dr. Mike
Old 12-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What kind of hunting/fishing video's would you buy?

A series of full length video/dvd on bowhunting big game w/longbows and/or recurves would be great. One on whitetail deer, next on caribou, then elk, then black bear etc, etc. There isn't a much out there & I believe there is a market. Even ppl who don't shoot em find it interesting.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

one on intense survival tactics would be good and as a novice elk hunter I'd like one on elk tactics--wouldn't have to show kills just disecting general hunting areas, what to look for as far as seasonal food sources--anything, but It would be cool if it was very technical--not about equipment--just about advanced strategies.
hb
Old 12-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

One that I like is "From the Field to the Table" from the Colorado DOW. The video shows how to cape, field dress and process. The tape really helped me process my elk for the first time.