Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Favorite Dangerous Game

Old 12-22-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Favorite Dangerous Game

If you could pick one all expense payed dangerous game hunt (all of the African stuff plus the big bears) to go on, what would it be and why. Personally I would love to see a big white bear growling at me in my trophy room, but a mean old lion or jumbo would be tough to beat too. Tough choice, what do you think?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:12 AM

Default RE: Favorite Dangerous Game

How about a Snow Leopard? Now that would be cool.... Just kidding.. If I could only choose one DG animal? Hmmm... I would have to go with the Great White Bear as well. Polar Bears have to be one of the toughest animals on Earth. They live out on the "sea-ice", can swim 20+ miles in 33 degree water, and when they get out of the water, the ambient air temp is -40. Just another day....They're one tough animal!!! And from what I'm told it's quite the hunting experience as well, hunt's are all done by dogsled, and there's no such thing as going back to the Lodge for the night. Someday....
Old 12-23-2004, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, it would have to be Cape Buffalo or Elephant. I just suck up any stories I can find on those two hunting subjects!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:26 AM

That's a tough one. It reminds me of being a kid and having to decide which present to open first on Christmas morning. They all look great!

But I'll put my money wher my mouth is. I'm going for cape buff in July '05 and I'm looking forward to it.

Good hunting to all.
Ant

Feel free to visit my website www.anthonypmaurosr.com for trophy pics. A word to the wise - my website includes books I have written. Just go to The Trophy Room tab on the navigation bar if you'd like to avoid seeing them.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me I have no desire to hunt African game, so for me it would have to be Kodiak Grizzley Bears with archery. But then again I deal with that each day its called the "WIFE"
Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

red squirrels
Old 12-23-2004, 08:04 AM

My favorite "dangerous" game animal has to be the leopard. I think they are a fascinating animal, and they're reputation and power for their size is just awesome.

For the "hunt" aspect I would probably choose one of the bears in a spot and stalk style hunt. The leopard's are almost exclusively hunted by baiting making the hunt fall a little below the hunts for the bears.

While Cape Buffalo and Elephant are impressive, they are still herbivore's. I have a hard time thinking of something that eats brush as "dangerous". They wouldn't be dangerous if you didn't hunt them ... while bears, leopards and lions all eat people on occasion.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:31 PM

i would have to say a big lion in africa because i seem to have a growing interest in them, they are king of the jungle, and that would make a really neat full body mount.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

The great white Bear. No contest.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

The black death of Africa!

Quick Reply: Favorite Dangerous Game

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.