Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

dream hunt/fav hunt

Old 12-14-2004, 10:37 AM

Default dream hunt/fav hunt

What is your dream hunt? What animal, where at (state), what kind of weapon, what kind of hunt (stalking, stand, ect.)? any other details or information?

also whats your favorite hunt you've ever been on? (same info as above)
Old 12-14-2004, 12:06 PM

Default RE: dream hunt/fav hunt

Well.... since you asked

DREAM HUNT:
WHAT: African Lion Hunt,
BUT WAIT You usually can only get a wild free ranging lion by signing up for the 21 to 28 day "package", OH DAMN!.... WHAT WILL WE EVER DO WITH THE REST OF THAT TIME?
DG: While waiting: cape buffalo, elephant (female cull okay), leopard, (skip the rhino), hippo, croc would take care of the amusing stuff. [Short 12 gauge hunts around camp: cobra, black mamba, green mamba, puff adder, just for grins]
PG: While waiting: kudu, eland, zebra, gemsbok, waterbuck, Thompson's gazelle, warthog
WHERE: Tanzania
WEAPONS: 416Rigby (DG), 375 H&H (Spare), 338WinMag (PG), 12 gauge (Snakes)
WHAT KIND OF HUNT: Wild and free ranging, other than that ---- what ever the PH says!
=================

FOWL! TILT! VIOLATION! Only ONE animal, referee don't care about any 21-28 day package restrictions!
OKAY,
WHAT: Brown Bear
WHERE: Kodiak or Afognak Island in Alaska Or Kamchatka penensuila of Russia
WEAPONS: 416Rigby (Main), 375 H&H (Back up), 45-70 Guide Gun (Auxillary, depending on cover where were hunting that day)
=================

FAVORITE HUNT (Currently):
WHAT: 14 Day Elk Hunt Trip, Remote/Wall Tent
WHERE: Rocky Mountains of Colorado
WEAPONS: 416 Rigby, 375HH, 338WinMag [12 ga w/slugs in camp kitchen, for bears] (Strikingly similar list, hmmm....)
Old 12-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dream Hunt: Dall Sheep, Brooks Range, Alaska, .30-06 my father built, glass 'n stalk.

Favorite Hunt: whitetail, Oklahoma, .243, impromptu ground blind (just pick a spot from which to ambush the deer, no prepared "blind" other than clipping some brush to clear a firing lane). I'm relatively new to hunting or other hunts would place higher, like an elk hunt I want to make one of these days.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Dream hunt; Cape buffalo the black death of Africa( Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just saying it)yeah.

Favroite; Elk hunt Co. in Flat Tops yearly 14 day adventure.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Favorite hunt now- elk with the bow
Runner up- turkey with a bow-without a blind, gets tough not to be seen
Dream Hunt- Kodiak with a bow, would be a huge rush.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:20 PM

1. Elk with a bow, Colorado, Cow call the big boy in.
2. Moose with a bow.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Dream hunt---man that's hard. A black mane lion is really high on the list-----but a BIG grizzly is right there also. Cape buffalo is not to far behind. Rifle----375 H &H.

Favorite hunt---man another hard one. I really like my elk hunting, with a wall tent & wood stove. The guys in camp, story swapping, the fire etc. But for just plain fun an antelope hunt is hard to beat. Lots of stalking & glassing. Just a ton of fun.

Most memorable----Bighorn sheep here in Colorado. Years of waiting for the tag, the workouts in the gym to harden up your legs for climbing. The scouting, glassing , finding sheep. Man it doesn't get any better. "The Rockies are God's finest creations"

My rifle for all the above hunt is the ole 30/06 with a 2.5 X 8 Leupold VarX III. Remington 700 LH. I bought the gun when I was 15 from money earned as a paperboy & then as a grill boy at the local Dairy Queen.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:43 PM

Dream Hunt - African Safari for Cape Buffalo and Lion

Favorite Hunt - Annual trek up above the Arctic Circle near Kotzebue for moose, caribou, and grizzly. It ain't heaven, but it's as close as I have been. Drop off hunt in the wilderness. It's as primitive as primitive can be, and as humbling as it gets.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:24 PM

Alaska Magnum,

You are having more fun than what should be legal!
Damn, maybe it is time to start a new life and move to Alaska!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dream hunt would have to be Dall Sheep! I am absolutely in love with those animals! They just amaze me by thier beauty as well as the terrain they live in. My weapon of choice would probably be the good ole .30-06.

I also am wanting to be able to hunt all 3 species of sheep, and mountain goat here in Nevada, as well as elk and antelope, though, I will probably die before I draw all 3 sheep AND mountain goat!!

I simply have no desire to go to Africa, don't know why, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Another animal high on the list would have to be Kodiak bears.

As for my favorite hunt. I have only hunted two things, Mule deer, and rabbits. As strange as it may sound, I like to hunt the rabbits just as much as I like to hunt for Mulies. There is just so much action during rabbit hunting that it is insane. And then again, if the timing is right, Mule deer can present some non-stop action also!!

Quick Reply: dream hunt/fav hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.