Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

dream hunt/fav hunt

Old 12-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dream hunt/fav hunt

My dream hunt would be to go up to canada on a bowhunt for them BIG whitetails, the body size just amazies me on them animals.

big swamp donkeys.
and coming in on a close second would be going to alaska hunting moose.... or swamp donkeys as "hia"calls them....[&:]
Old 12-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dream hunt would be to go up to canada on a bowhunt for them BIG whitetails, the body size just amazies me on them animals.

big swamp donkeys.
and coming in on a close second would be going to alaska hunting moose.... or swamp donkeys as "hia"calls them....[&:]
Old 12-16-2004, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about the quad triple post ...this pc is really acting up this morning[:@]
Old 12-16-2004, 12:49 PM

I would have to go to africa for plains game, w/ the good ol 7mm rem mag

my fav hunt was last year in the alaska range for sheep, went out wantin a sheep, came out with an obsession
Old 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

As much as elk is a passion, Stone sheep with a bow because I can't have it, no $$$$$ is my dream hunt. My Rocky Mountain Ram was a bow hunt I will never forget, full curl. But my best hunt ever was a cow elk with my son when he was 5.
Gselkhunter
Old 12-16-2004, 02:34 PM

Dream Hunt-

Torn between an archery spot and stalk for Kodiak's in Alaska or Polar Bear in the arctic.

Favorite Hunt-

Spearing Caymen from a dug out canoe in Central America. Was an absolute blast, and I know I'll never get a chance to duplicate the hunt.

Beacause I can dream, a leopard with my bow would be a hell of a hunt and right behind the bears.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Dream hunt..........Would be Alaska Moose/Brown Bear.But that is what it will always be ...............A DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite is Elk any time.......... Any way I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only because I live in Colorado otherwise it would be a DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dull Sheep with a close second being Big Horns in the Canadian Rockies.

Favorite hunt my first called in Moose with the Bow. First morning I called a bull into tight (11 paces) but couldn't take a shot due to diamond willows, the bull I ended up harvesting 2 days later was a bit longer at 17 paces (leraned from my previous mistake ).

Favorite animal to hunt(albeit it a tough choice) has to be Elk don't matter what the weapon is, marvelous creatures!
Old 12-17-2004, 08:13 PM

Dream hunt? i think i read it , ELKampMaster posted it, in the begining of the thread , only thing different would be the weapons .

now we are dreaming right?
weapon = BOW, back up = brother with big gun
dam gotta go get some power ball tickets...
Old 12-21-2004, 12:57 PM

I think maybe....1) a BIG,I stress BIG 75 plus inches, Alaskan moose. 338RUM 2)BIG russian/siberian grizzly 338RUM[] 3)african safari-I dont want any one species of african game but would really enjoy a 20-30 day hunt for several animals.the rifle caliber wouldnt matter as long as the lead was the size of my thumb

Quick Reply: dream hunt/fav hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.