Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Role Call: Elk Hunters

Old 11-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Role Call: Elk Hunters

I got back yesterday from a cow elk hunt near Craig, CO. This is the second year I've hunted with Don and the second year I brought home a cow. Jim
Old 11-19-2004, 02:56 PM

I was out during 50-60 times (morning & evening hunts, multiple times per day) and was in elk almost everytime out no shots at bulls, but cows. I ended up not taking one with my bow, but shot a cow 2 weeks into rifle season.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Went elk hunting this year, no opportunities, will try for a cow later this year on damage permits. Have shot elk in the past though.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:07 AM

Returned a few days ago from New Mexico. The Lord blessed me with a nice cow. Nothing quite like elk hunting.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:48 AM

Went archery hunting on the reservation since I never get drawn. Had 13 elk in range but only one raghorn which my tag was for and he had brush between us and no shot. Had a good time and got several 6x bulls called in to 20-30 feet. One was 15 feet and had his left eye gouged out and bleeding from a fight. Maybe I will get drawn next year.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Got a cow elk this year on Sep. 24th, with a 6 point boyfriend looking on. He was nice but not as big as my bull from last year, so I just took the easier shot and the better meat.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:17 AM

Went last year in CO. Had a bull tag, but only saw cows. Had a bull that was doing a good job of staying 2 steps ahead of me. I knew about where he was, but could never catch up to him. He spent 4 days tormenting me by crapping in my footprints, staying in the timber and circling my position, crossing the meadow around the bend from me(right after I'd just walked through there). I was hooked! I started to plan this years hunt as soon as I got off the mountain. Drew this year, but didn't get to go due to getting jerked around closing on my house. The heavens and my wife willing, I'll be out there again next year.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:09 AM

Tally so far,

5 = Went elk hunting --- no opportunities (I think there are WAY more out there, just haven't signed in....)
2 = Went elk hunting, got a shot opportunity, no elk... (Any given year an opportunity is really all one can hope for.)
34 = Got elk (at least one, some with many)
-----
41 = Total

EKM
Old 11-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

This last one has me at 11 for 15. Four years presented no oppertunities.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:14 PM

Has this been an awsome season for everybody here, or are the unsucessful hunters just not checking in?

Quick Reply: Role Call: Elk Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.