HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Archery Elk!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/71285-archery-elk.html)

Elkshed 09-02-2004 08:37 PM

Archery Elk!!

All packed and ready to go.Will leave first thing in the morning to go set up camp and do a little grouse hunting.
Will glass some hillsides before dark and go back in the morning to kill the elk.Sat.Sept.4th.
Good luck and good hunting!
Elkshed

RobinHood36 09-02-2004 08:53 PM

RE: Archery Elk!!

Same here Elkshed, Good Luck!!!;)

ironranger 09-02-2004 09:08 PM

Good luck Gentlemen!! I envy you as I wish I was elk hunting this year. I'm still pumped though as I'm heading to MT in mid November for a muley hunt!!

121553 09-02-2004 09:18 PM

Been in the bush everyday for the past week scouting, If my rubbery legs hold out I be hikin down the moutain come saturday morning way before daybreak, all systems are go. ;) Bobby

Wolf killer 09-02-2004 10:12 PM

The wife & I hunted Blue grouse Wednesday & Thursday. We limited out both days. Wednesday was a easy day. We saw a total of 13-blue grouse Wednesday morning. We took our limit of six birds & looked for elk on the way home. We found one herd of elk that had around 20-cows, 1-spike bull & 1-5x5 bull. We saw 6-cows feeding all by themselves two miles farther down the road. We also saw 2-black bears.

Thursday was a long day of bird hunting. We still filled our limits (6-birds) but we had to work hard for them. We saw a total of 12-blue grouse. We saw the same herds of elk as we did the day before in the same general area. We also saw 3-black bears.

I am scheduled to work this weekend. I feel a cold coming on opening day.:D

handloader1 09-02-2004 11:26 PM

Good Luck!!!

Elkcrazy8 09-02-2004 11:26 PM

Headed back in. Hunted elk monday and boned and packed meat on tuesday. The bulls were starting to go pretty good. Cant wait to get back into them..........Good luck to all!!!!!!!

marksmen outfitters 09-03-2004 12:04 AM

haven't slept in 4 days, I'm leaving tommorow morning and I'm taking my 7 year old with me for a couple days. He's so pumped I hope we get lots of action. It will be hard to get way back where I usually go but I'll carry him on my back if I have to.
later
mark

texasaggiebowhunter 09-03-2004 07:53 AM

Good luck, I will be in your shoes come rifle season.

rather_be_huntin 09-03-2004 01:42 PM

Texasaggiebowhunter, tough game last night. I'm a Ute fan so I had to harrass you a little. Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season.

Oh and I'll be back-packing for elk as well this weekend. But I'm trying out a new area. My old areas just aren't producing animals this year.