Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 How many states have a program like this? >

How many states have a program like this?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

How many states have a program like this?

Old 08-26-2004, 12:09 PM

Default How many states have a program like this?

Here in WA state we have a program called AHE. Advanced Hunter Education, is a program that is voluntary for people to demonstrate skills, knowledge & their personal commitment to fish & wildlife resources & landowner relations.

Upon successful completion of the Master Hunter part of the program you're eligible to put in for special tags for deer, elk & turkey. They are mainly population control tags & mainly antlerless but a couple are for bulls or bucks. These tags do not count against the regular tags that you can draw with the general public.

So now you know a little about what the AHE program is, how many other states have a program like this?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 PM

Default RE: How many states have a program like this?

I don't think Wisconsin has a program like that but wish we did and if we do they should anounce it better. I think it would help produce better hunters. that's a great idea!!
Old 08-26-2004, 12:50 PM

Default RE: How many states have a program like this?

yeah i have never heard of such a thing for idaho... but it would be great expecially when you are only allowed one deer a year.