HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Scent control (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/67999-scent-control.html)

Idaho hunter 58 08-03-2004 01:17 PM

Scent control

What products and by what means do you control you scent? I have the scent eliminator spray that I spray on in the field, and I have the soap, and laundry stuff, and the special bags to but it in. I also just bought some lotion stuff for your body and hair. Looked pretty good.

Have thought about buying those scent-lok shirts that are kinda like underarmour, but with silver or something sewn in??? what do you think?

So that about sums up my scent control.... what about you guys???

cnhntr 08-03-2004 09:47 PM

RE: Scent control

My deer huntin clothes are only about 5 yrs old but after the muzzleloader season, they get hung up in the shed until next season. that way it smells like the outdoors. as a little coverup I use doe urine on the inside heel of my bibs on each foot. that works really well.

dep214 08-04-2004 12:05 PM

when i will not hunt for a while i put the clothes in a trash bag. i then put in dirt and twigs from the area i will hunt.the will somewhat take up the smell of that area.

BowElkFreak 08-04-2004 09:55 PM

I'm personally trying the "XScent test". I work with the military a bit and know they use these xscent socks for the boot rot.. all that, so a buddy of mine in the military told me to try them. He said to wear a pair for a week.. all week.. then smell them for yourself at the end of the week. It only costs about $15 to try it and if they smell good at the end of the week, I think I'll try some other stuff out this year in the hills. I'm not huge on the whole carbon concept. I just don't see how you can "trap" odor 100% with collars, cuffs, etc. I do like the concept of "killing" scent and helping to keep it down. I figure if I stink a little bit that has to help some. We cover alot of country chasing Elk and need something that is the fabric, etc. Hoping to add this XScent stuff to the current eliminator sprays I carry now. That's currently all I use.

dep214 08-04-2004 10:30 PM

you are a much tougher man than me. i aint smelling no pair of socks worn for a week.they will prob stand in the corner by themselves

noway 08-05-2004 08:34 AM

Sounds like a lot of hassle and $. When the wind blows from you to the animal they will smell you. They may smell you a little less or but all it takes a whiff.

Save your money and hunt with the wind.

elknut1 08-05-2004 08:39 AM

I 2nd "Noways" response!!! It's all in advertisement. elknut1

dvdegeorge 08-05-2004 05:24 PM

I agree hunt with the wind in your favor,BUT the wind is a fickle friend swirling at times and changing direction like John Kerry on an issue:D

dep214 08-06-2004 01:50 AM

how many of you's wife will let you back in the house after wearing the same pair of socks for a week?thats like wearing the same pair of drawers for a week.

JJWIII 08-09-2004 10:19 AM

how many of you's wife will let you back in the house after wearing the same pair of socks for a week?thats like wearing the same pair of drawers for a week.
So that explains why I'm still not married. :D[:'(][&o]:)