HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Hunting Show is a disgrace (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/67495-hunting-show-disgrace.html)

trophyhuntr 07-29-2004 11:00 AM

Hunting Show is a disgrace

I saw a post earlier on or about the mens channel, I watch it a good bit but the other night I about had a dang heart attack. If anyone else saw this please chime in, I believe but dont hold it to me, the show was called the Outdoor Guide or something like that, anyways this guy takes his daughter to the CIRCLE K Ranch in Texas. They then pretty much get a shopping list on what they are to shoot, they shot a 4 horn goat a hog a axis deer and then the SH!T hits the fan. They filmed this little girl with a 243 cal. shoot a LAYING down Watussi Bull. Yes this bull which looks like a longhorn cow, the girl walks out in a field sets the gun up on a set of stedy sticks and shoots a freakin bull laying down, WHAT A FREAKIN IDIOT of a show, if anyone saw this show that was on i think Sun night, please give me you take on this.

kevin1 07-29-2004 11:04 AM

RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

Does anyone know what channel this network would be on for Directv ?

Tazman 07-29-2004 11:05 AM

Didn't see it, glad I didn't! To me the Circle K ranch is just a few notches below shooting animals in a pen!![:@]

Handles 07-29-2004 11:09 AM

I guess I don't see the problem with taking a bedded animal if you can hit the vital. Could you explain please? I've seen many bedded animals taken on other shows during spot and stalk.

trophyhuntr 07-29-2004 11:09 AM

Here is the other thing, people talk about a 243 not being big enough for deer but a dang 1500 lb bull, TALK ABOUT SUFFERING

trophyhuntr 07-29-2004 11:12 AM

Handles

Here you go plain and simple, a girl walks out into a pasture there is a damn bull a cow you know laying down in a pasture, she gets her gun up on some steady sticks and shoots a laying down DOMESTIC BULL, and then the guy looks at her and says WHAT A GREAT HUNT, what a bunch of freakin clowns, plain and simple

Alias 07-29-2004 11:13 AM

Yeah...bigtime risk of underkill.

Handles 07-29-2004 11:15 AM

Ok, so your issue isn't with the bedded target animal, it is with the whole idea of hunting cows. I agree, unless it is a black angus, one of the best tasting game animals out there.;)

trophyhuntr 07-29-2004 11:18 AM

Handles

No if it is bedded down shoot it if you have a shot, but not a cow, and dont put it on a hunting show and then tell the person " NICE HUNT "

DR KILL 07-29-2004 11:35 AM

a 243 is plenty enough gun for deer, some of the biggest bucks i have ever seen were taken by 243 and it drops them in there tracks,, if the shot is placed right then a arrow with a fieldtip will do the job , but some people like to overdo it and use 300 win mags and 7mm rem mags, were if you hit the deer in the tail he is going to fall , what an overkill