Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hunting Show is a disgrace >

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Old 07-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

i would not want to watch that
Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: portable ladder

i would not want to watch that
Why not? Every hunt is a success!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:26 PM

Reflexkid

I never said a 243 was not enough for deer, hell my wife shoots one, i said people talk about a 243 not being enough for deer, I never said " A 243 is not enough for Deer" dont misquote me here, anyways look at the whole statement,

PS ****** Anybody tell me a good BULL Caliber[8D]
Old 07-29-2004, 02:39 PM

PS ****** Anybody tell me a good BULL Caliber
For a domestic bull I'd rather club them like a baby seal[:-]
Old 07-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like that .243 did a hell of a job LOL
Worked pretty good on that huge hog too, dropped him right there. I saw the show and I thought that little girl did a pretty good job with that open sight .243 as far as that cow looking thing, well to each his own. I wouldnt get a kick out of shooting it, but I bet she did. Oh, but I wouldnt turn it down either, I bet thats some good eating and I dont really care if it was a challenge or not when it come to puting food on the table.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dino195

I watched that show (or parts of it) yesterday on the Outdoor channel.

I am kind of torn on this issue. On one hand I would never go to a game ranch and shoot pinned, exotic animals. It just doesn't sound fun or challenging to me. On the other hand I do see where an easy "hunt"? like that could be helpfull to introduce a child to hunting and getting them aclimated to making a kill without the chance of turning them off by a rigoris, demanding hunt. Especially a little girl.

I totally disagree. The rigors of the hunt ARE the hunt. If you take out the rigors of the hunt, all you are left wtih is killing. Teaching a child that hunting is all about killing is doing them a terrible disservice.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not all hunting has to be rigoris or challenging, they're are some people who are trying to put food on the table and are not doing it for sport, but its still hunting. Actually thats true hunting.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:38 AM

Rigers of a hunt are just that, part of the hunt. Just killing some dumb animal thats used to being fed from a feed pail is not what I would consider as a good message to pass on to one of my kids, my daughter included. I took her quite a bit last year, and she decided most of it wasn't for her. Mainly the "rigers" like hiking in and having to tote a 7 pound rifle. She could shoot lites out with a 6.5x55 or a 308, and guess she could bust a goat or sleeping longhorn with no problem at all, but what would that teach her about true hunting.

I agree with zrexpilot on meat hunting, but thats different than most of what I saw described too.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

On the other hand I do see where an easy "hunt"? like that could be helpfull to introduce a child to hunting and getting them aclimated to making a kill without the chance of turning them off by a rigoris, demanding hunt. Especially a little girl.
dino I will respectfully disagree with this statement. My identical twin girls expressed a desire to hunt with me when they were 10, I started them off with preseason scouting, learning how to identify sign and track. By the time they were 11 I could take them into any stretch of woods where there were deer and tell them find me a deer trial, they found one in no time, then I told them to see if they could find where they were bedding at. Well about an hour later they were slipping through a honey suckle thicket and jumped 2 deer out of their beds!

They have taken turns sitting on stand with me during gun season, they did not have a gun, they were observers and knew that this was part of earning the right to hunt. We had a doe within 20 foot of us feeding while we were sitting on the ground last year! At the end of last season I told them they had earned the right to hunt, they will be taking thier hunters safety course this year and will be the one doing the hunting this time with dad.

These little ladies KNOW what hunting is! They KNOW what it is to field dress a deer, they KNOW what it is to drag a deer out and load it in the truck. They KNOW what it is hang a deer, skin it, and butcher it!

These little ladies would have been disgusted if they had seen that show, they KNOW what hunting is and that is not hunting!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

looks like that .243 did a hell of a job LOL
Worked pretty good on that huge hog too, dropped him right there. I saw the show and I thought that little girl did a pretty good job with that open sight .243 as far as that cow looking thing, well to each his own. I wouldnt get a kick out of shooting it, but I bet she did. Oh, but I wouldnt turn it down either, I bet thats some good eating and I dont really care if it was a challenge or not when it come to puting food on the table.

Tell me you are kidding, because the whole show was a disgrace, if you thought it was good you need to get out of hunting, if you remember the dad said " You need to learn how to shoot iron sight before getting a scope" Well what better way to learn to shoot than to practice on real animals, Zerex tell me you dont agree with this please, by the way how about the shot on the 4 horn goat, missed the first time and the second shot right in the front leg not the shoulder, notice they didnt show the animal go down he ran off with his front leg broke, the whole show was bull sh%t and anyone who agrees with it im not scared to say get your ass out of the woods

Quick Reply: Hunting Show is a disgrace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.