Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hunting Show is a disgrace >

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Old 07-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

I saw that show too and turned it off when they took several shots at a goat that was hobbling around if I remember correctly. I was disgusted and felt bad for the animal as it wasn't a clean kill by any means. A disgrace to hunting if you ask me...
Old 07-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: reflexkid

I dropped 2 big doe in a field 300 yrds away with a .222. They never knew what hit em.

OK. First off a .243 is a good deer rifle. The original poster was only trying to make a point by saying its not enough gun for a 1500 lb animal. Its certainly not an elk gun and they are smaller than 1500 lbs. Second no one should be using a .222 on deer. And at 300 yds huh? Even though it is probably possible that sounds like a tall tale to me. At the very least very irresponsible and unethical.

ORIGINAL: reflexkid

My uncle dropped a deer with a .17hmr. Seemed like it did a job on it too.
Its better to have people to think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Do you have permission from your parents to be on the internet?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres what some say on the .243.
http://www.udarrell.com/ultimate_deer_cartridge.htm
Old 07-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophyhuntr, I didnt see the entire show I caught a couple of peices here and there, what I did see was her make an awsome shot on a big pig, open sights at 80 yds. Next I saw her sitting next to some big cow looking thing. What am I suppose to disagree with ? that practicing on animals is bad ? I would say yes. Didnt catch them say that though. Was That said ?
Or the part about learning with open sights ? well I would disagree there too, scoped would be much easier with cleaner kills too.
But animals will get wounded, sorry thats the reality. I have seen adults do it, I saw Jeff foxworthy shoot at a buck about 4 times before he finally hit it, that was a disgrace .
Ratherbhuntin Take a look at the link I posted above, the .243 is prolly one of the best if not the best gun for deer and elk, to say its not adequate for elk is just not true by anymeans. I will venture to say that more elk are killed with this caliber than any other.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:56 PM

A Watusi bull is not a domestic cow. They are a breed of wild cattle from Africa. They were imported from Africa and brought to private ranches mainly just for sh*ts and giggles. They look like a longhorn on steroids. I'm sure watusi bulls can be domesticated, but just about any animal can. A watusi bull is no different then any other exotic amimal weather it be an axis deer, blackbuck, or sable antelope etc. I wouldnt hunt one, but I do have 2 of them on the ranch.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 AM

Yeah and i have team roped calves off of domesticated watussi bulls, but anyways people call it as they see it, Its a damn cow,

Zerex, yes the guy said learn to shoot iron sights before a scope, Boy is this guy brilliant i say piss on him and his disgrace of a show