Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hunting Show is a disgrace >

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Show is a disgrace

Old 07-29-2004, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

Unfortunately hunting is a tough sport to portray in a tv show. In an effort to produce these shows the producers loose most of their decency standards. To get "true" hunting footage you'd need to drag a camera crew out though the woods for the better part of a season. To turn a profit they do foolish crap like this or show footage of "less" then perfect hits and then throw out a "Great shot Bill, double lung" as the deer runs off with an arrow in its a$$. I hate this!

There are plenty of good "true" hunting videos avaiable. It's possible to make quality footage of real hunts but the networks don't see this. All they see is $$$$ and they grind the image of hunters into the ground to pursue their pa$$ion$.[:'(]
Old 07-29-2004, 11:50 AM

HAGHAHAHAHAHAHAH yea i saw it what a bunch of bull****, i mean this cowlike longhorn thing looked like you could of walked up and petted it, i cant belive they even called it a hunt i could of killed all the animals with a Q tip, i saw the show totaly unbelievable

GO BOTECH oct 2 is taking forever!!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:53 AM

bowhenterlimerick

Do you remember the name of the show?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:54 AM

I watched that show (or parts of it) yesterday on the Outdoor channel.

I am kind of torn on this issue. On one hand I would never go to a game ranch and shoot pinned, exotic animals. It just doesn't sound fun or challenging to me. On the other hand I do see where an easy "hunt"? like that could be helpfull to introduce a child to hunting and getting them aclimated to making a kill without the chance of turning them off by a rigoris, demanding hunt. Especially a little girl. I don't usually knock others ideals of fair chase as long as their methods are legal. When I lived in my home state of Georgia, I would see a lot of folks driving deer or hunting them with dogs when I would hunt in central or south GA. Being from the hills of N GA, that was not my ideal of fair chase or a fun hunt but I understood that that was their tradition and ideal of how to hunt deer and it was legal so I respected their method.

In any event, that episode did not make for a good show. I wish these guys would get off the ranches and private hunting preserves and start doing some shows on public lands and regular leases.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:11 PM

Wow, a hunt of a life time. When someone asks you, what did you shoot, you can give them the bull story. I shot a bull. They would have been better to go to the range and put up a picture of the bull and shot that. Ha, Ha, what a joke...

It sounds like they were probably going to butcher the bull anyway and let them shoot it on the show, for fun. Terrible, what people do for money these days or free advertisement.

T
Old 07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the show but i missed the cow killing. I turned it after the girl shot at the goat and missed and then her Dad reloaded and she shot it again and killed it. I thought it was very distasteful.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:46 PM

RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace (in reply to trophyhuntr)
New Messages
a 243 is plenty enough gun for deer, some of the biggest bucks i have ever seen were taken by 243 and it drops them in there tracks,, if the shot is placed right then a arrow with a fieldtip will do the job , but some people like to overdo it and use 300 win mags and 7mm rem mags, were if you hit the deer in the tail he is going to fall , what an overkill
Overdo it?? I use to hunt with a 30/30 but recently switched to a 7 mm mag. The reason was I was tired of tracking the deer down because not enough knockdown power. Last deer I killed was a doe at 250 yards, dropped her in her tracks. I would rather blow them up, than lose a wounded animal. And before you get into the shooting placement, I'm a pretty good shot. Not everyone is an expert marksman (including me) with a bow or rifle. If your happy with your 243, then I'm happy with my canon!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: trophyhuntr

Here is the other thing, people talk about a 243 not being big enough for deer but a dang 1500 lb bull, TALK ABOUT SUFFERING
Ya, people talk about it not being enough for deer. Thats not true though. Just cause someone thinks something doesint mean its right. I've shot plenty of deer with a .243, and it is well enough to knock down a big deer. I dropped 2 big doe in a field 300 yrds away with a .222. They never knew what hit em.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: DR KILL

a 243 is plenty enough gun for deer, some of the biggest bucks i have ever seen were taken by 243 and it drops them in there tracks,, if the shot is placed right then a arrow with a fieldtip will do the job , but some people like to overdo it and use 300 win mags and 7mm rem mags, were if you hit the deer in the tail he is going to fall , what an overkill
I couldint agree with you more. It is all shot placment. My uncle dropped a deer with a .17hmr. Seemed like it did a job on it too.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is how my friend prepares my beef for the butcher. He calls it killing. When it's time for slaughter he shoots them and loads them in his truck. Then I go and pick it up at the butcher. I have no problem with this, obviously. I just never knew they considered it hunting. I should film it for I could make my own show and call it "BEEF ON THE LAMB".

Quick Reply: Hunting Show is a disgrace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.