HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   USO threatens Montana. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/67345-uso-threatens-montana.html)

gleninAZ 07-27-2004 11:48 PM

USO threatens Montana.

Well, the Billings Gazette published an article that USO representatives visited Montana officials to point out the Arizona lawsuit and Montana will have to address the same interstate commerce problem for their non-resident quota system. So now do you suppose USO just sees an opening for them to get more tags for their clients? Duh. Well they have really started a war here and so far have lost major sponsor support. I think the legislatures will pass laws against the sale or transportation of wild animal parts to get around this and it will just cost USO a bunch of money and support. "Griz" Montoya who brought the suit for USO wrote to one of our guys saying he just wanted a fair system in other states and that he was just an innocent outfitter trying to do the right thing. You guys in Montana need to get on this one like flies on stink. Let us know if we can help.

wyote 07-28-2004 09:15 AM

RE: USO threatens Montana.

The AZ ruling is going to really open a can of worms like you won't believe. Who knows where it will end?

NVMIKE 07-28-2004 01:42 PM

All of you Montana boys better puff up, Make USO spend HUGE amounts of money and force this through, dont let the game and fish just roll under for them, make it hurt USO's pocket book REALLY bad.

Wolf killer 07-28-2004 07:31 PM

All of you Montana boys better puff up, Make USO spend HUGE amounts of money and force this through, dont let the game and fish just roll under for them, make it hurt USO's pocket book REALLY bad.
We will do are best.

NVMIKE 07-28-2004 08:59 PM

Glad to hear it. your in the same boat I'm in living in NV because we all are under the 9th circuit courts jurisdiction. Raise all the cain you can.

shootr mcgavvin 07-29-2004 07:13 PM

i will definately do my best on them!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: NVMIKE

ironranger 07-30-2004 09:34 AM

I can't see Montana Fish & Game or their residents bowing to anyone from what I've seen in the past. Their Game Dept seems to back the good people of Montana which is the way it should be. Maybe I'm wrong but I remember following the Stream rights issue where some high buck lawyers were defending the rich landowner's rights to block stream access and if I remember right the general public won out.

gleninAZ 07-30-2004 10:38 AM

Ironranger-I agree and have hunted montana with locals. They are one jump different than even the hardcore hunters here in AZ. I would not want to be in a USO camp and have the locals find out the locations. Taulman will probably have his clients moving every day to get away from the noisy locals who infest his base camps. There's good men in Montana and I bet they don't bend over for old Goeorgy the air poacher too easy. Ain't no liberal judges out ther in that big country to make sure they are treated good.

Elkshed 07-30-2004 12:27 PM

I would like to see George taulman on this message board and what he would have to say about all this.He looks like a chicken and if he messes with us Montana Boys He'll come out Kentucky Fried!

U.S.O. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN MONTANA!!!###

Elkshed

NVMIKE 07-30-2004 11:35 PM

NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!! EAT EM ALIVE GUYS.