Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

USO threatens Montana.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: USO threatens Montana.

gleninAZ, As far as I know George Taulman does not have an outfitters license in Montana? I will double check? I think his only dealings in Montana are as a license agent?

Elkshed I would rather see George Taulman in a dark alley that a message board. Speaking of dark alleys is Stockmans Bar in Missoula still in business? Way back when I was YOUNG Stockmans' was the place to hang out for us college age punks.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Wolf Killer,
I would imagine stockmans is still open.Haven't been to the Bars in years,I get too dang ornry.Im sure George Taulman wouldn't mind if you invited him for a drink.Mabe it would be good so PETA can see what they would look like hanging off a meat pole.
Elkshed
Old 07-31-2004, 06:55 AM

Stockman's bar! Remember that you could drink in the front half and the card room was in the back? Sign and t-shirts say "licker in the front--poker in the rear" I love Montana!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stockman's bar! Remember that you could drink in the front half and the card room was in the back? Sign and t-shirts say "licker in the front--poker in the rear" I love Montana
Yes sir gleninAZ. I remember the first time my mother saw me wearing a Stockmans hat with there trade mark logo on it. Boy did she get red faced.
The look was PRICELESS.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talked with a game warden about the uso case. He said his boss (the director) has already talked to George Taulman. The game warden thought that with some creative wording uso could not touch them in court. Time will tell? He also said there are no plans to change there draw odds. I did not ask him but I think a non-resident has about a 60% chance of drawing there license anyway?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ

Ironranger-I agree and have hunted montana with locals. They are one jump different than even the hardcore hunters here in AZ. I would not want to be in a USO camp and have the locals find out the locations. Taulman will probably have his clients moving every day to get away from the noisy locals who infest his base camps. There's good men in Montana and I bet they don't bend over for old Goeorgy the air poacher too easy. Ain't no liberal judges out ther in that big country to make sure they are treated good.

glen, we call that the three S's. Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. Thats why we came out here for is get away from those Hillairy loven, enfluenencing easterners. I can gaurantee you I will be finding out the facts before I elaborate on this subject, but I can tell you that I don't like the jest of what I've heard and I'll fight you to the end if its all about your almighty $. I most difinetly have some questions for uso as I would like to get it straight from the horses mouth as I will be talking to the Montaina FWP's and officials about this crapolo. Thanks, Bobby

*Montana Bowhunter Instructor*Montana Bowhunters Assiciation*NRA*RMEF*
Old 08-02-2004, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

gleninAZ, As far as I know George Taulman does not have an outfitters license in Montana? I will double check? I think his only dealings in Montana are as a license agent?

Elkshed I would rather see George Taulman in a dark alley that a message board. Speaking of dark alleys is Stockmans Bar in Missoula still in business? Way back when I was YOUNG Stockmans' was the place to hang out for us college age punks.
that's right ...all outfitters have to be licensed by the state. stockmans is still open, my brother was a bartender there up until earlier this year.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 PM

first of all stockman's is still running strong. wooohooo what a bar. second the way the quota system works is for special permits not general licenses and non-rez gets 10%. USO is not welcome anywhere after all this bs. there is a reason why people live where they live. some of us live in montana for the scenery. i live here for september thru december and hunting season. if i can help in any way to stop this i will. i know primos uses uso...does anyone know what their reaction is to this? it seems very simple to me. if an animal is standing in montana and i have a tag for that animal then i can shoot it. if that animal walks across the border into idaho i can not.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:00 PM
PLB

I emailed Real Tree about there relationship with USO. Here is the emailed response from them.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us on the
resident and non-resident draws in Arizona. We appreciate your input. We
understand your concerns and we take them very seriously.

Please be aware that we're currently in the process of withdrawing our
sponsorship of USO. We have not been party to, nor have we endorsed, USO's
lawsuit over the availability of tags in Western states.

Like you, we care very deeply about the outdoors, hunting and wildlife.
Realtree contributes financially to conservation groups each year, and we'll
continue to sponsor groups like Ducks Unlimited, the National Wild Turkey
Federation, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Quail Unlimited/Dove
Sportsman's Society Â* groups that share our goal of ensuring a bright future
for the hunting and shooting sports.

Best regards,
Bill Jordan
Old 08-02-2004, 10:01 PM

Mthunter-Will Primos was the first sponsor to pull support from USO. Stand up guy. Realtree was second. Those are two big ones. No answer from Tony Knight, Crooked Horn, Barnes or Swarovski. Need to pressure them a little more. They may think this one will blow over but it won't and is gathering support from around the country. You live in a good place and hope it don't get over run by outsiders like Az is. Buyin' up everything then trying to make it into new york city.