Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Talk about tough

Old 02-24-2002, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Talk about tough

Around here it is a BIG hog. my friend shot one with a 270 at about 25 yards in the shoulder blade . hog jumped and went to walking around . he shot it two more times to do the job. we don't have any cape buffalos around here but we got some wild emus.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:41 PM

YOUNG7,
Of all of Gods' creatures, I'd have to say the Antelope Jackrabbit. I once shot one down thru the back with a .264 WM at about 20 yards. The shot kicked up a lot of dust, and out of it came the rabbit slowly hopping in a quarter circle. I'd thought I'd missed and was going to let it after I checked for injuries. I walked over to it and tapped it with my foot. It just rolled over, quite dead. I checked the spot it had been at when I fired, and ALL the organs and gut were in a nice neat pile. I've also seen them hit with a lot of different cartridges over the years and have come to the conclusion, THANK GOD THEY DON'T EAT MEAT, WE'D ALL BE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!
I've done a lot of hunting, and serious think all animals can be VERY tough when hit wrong. When hit right with a reasonable bullet from a reasonable cartridge, they just lay down and die. Have you ever noticed that there always has to be one weird reply. This time its mine. Good luck all.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:06 AM

Man.

From Squirrel to Elephant, the Shotgun is your gun.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blain...I gotta disagree. I finished a doe this year in WV whose hind leg was bouncing off her back while she ran. Someone had shot her through the hip and broken the joint. Upon inspection, the leg/hind quarter had been broken for at least a couple days.

I've never seen a person that tough
Old 02-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-26-2002, 01:52 PM

I'd say cape buffalo, wild hog, and grizzly.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:17 PM

i would have to agree with nomercy on this one. the cape buffalo and a kodiak bear.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:35 AM

Nomercy,

I'm glad to see you live in the Mid West. I wouldn't want your .30-06, that you shoot up in the air at red squirels, to hit me. The .30-06 can travel 6.8 miles at sea level

I shot a ground hog with 240 grain 44mag (at 25 yards) five times before it stopped walking. I've also killed a ground hog with one shot from my 22lr.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:03 PM
ARO

the question was pound for pound. so i would say a squirrel would take the prize for toughest animal. imagine what it would take to put a 1200 lb squirrel down, its hard enough to kill them with a shotgun or 22.

ARO

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...hanesmith.html
Old 03-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Spike

It's a tie between a wounded grizzly/brownie and a cape buffalo. The grizzly especially is an awesome sight to behold, and when you hear the hair raising, blood curdling, spine tingling roar of an enraged grizzly every creature in nature "takes a bow!"

Regards to all,
BoltAction

"Unless we protect the freedoms we enjoy, we will one day have no freedoms to enjoy."

Quick Reply: Talk about tough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.