Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus) >

They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus)

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus)

Old 11-22-2004, 03:22 AM

Default RE: Lions Of Tsavo Part II/Ghost In The Darkness? [Bad News X 7]

Yeah, Dangerous game can be just that... They should be called "Deadly Game".

That Brown Bear hunter that "shat" himself in Sitka. Well, if in fact he chartered a Helo' back out to the boat/camp to complete his eventually successful hunt, he broke a major law up here in AK. Not to mention the Guides responsibility for allowing it. Our law is pretty clear about the use of helocopters transporting hunters. Medivac from the field is the only legal ride a hunter will get up here, One way trip of course.....
Old 11-22-2004, 10:57 AM

Kodiman,

Ignorance on my part. The guide said he flew back out to the boat after the hospital stay. I assumed if he took a chopper ride one way that that is how it got back, perhaps not --- may have been the trusty Dehaviland Beaver float plane trick --- IMHO, still a case of "getting one's caca together", sucking it up, getting a grip, and finishing the job.

Thanks for clarifying the helio law, I didn't know that, now I do.

EKM
Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM

Yeah, a plane would make more sense. Legally anyways...

My brother-in-law is a Brown Bear guide and he has some pretty funny stories about guy's freezing up, or just having complete panic attacks, when in the presence of Mr. Brown Bear. A cool headed Guide can usually talk the guy down though. But to get Medivac'd out of the field, and then flown back in to complete his hunt, Wow!! I bet that guy is still in therapy....
Old 11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

It seems that deer hunting in Wisconsin may be a DG game as well. Six dead now from the worlds most dangerous game.[:@]
Old 11-23-2004, 10:33 AM

"DM Game" --- If I may ask what's DM?

BTW:
Was Charles Manson involved in some unknown California hunting season?
Was Sharon Tate and the other victims some sort of "game".

I'm thinking probably not.

IMHO, Criminal activity is purely a human phenomenon; no "game" animals involved.

EKM
Old 11-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

"Seeing the elephant".

I would give an arm to go hunt DG in Africa the way I see it to die by horn from buff would be better then die by heart failer in bed .

I have a saving acount that goes to my brownie hunt in Alaska 1/2 way there. I won't say I won't panic I have road 2 tons of bull that sooner stomp you into mud then look at you I kind of like the uneasyness it hightens your sences I couldnt imagen 30yards 1000lbs of teeth claws and musle what a rush it would be. Or a panic riden event.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just mean that when it comes to Dangerous animals, Man is by far in the front of the pack. These deer hunters were not expecting to become the hunted.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Default RE: Lions Of Tsavo Part II/Ghost In The Darkness? [Bad <span class="high">News</span> X 7]

NUMBER 8:
Per “Ganyana” a PH in Zimbabwe
The details aren’t final and may not ever be due to the lack of witnesses.
====================

Carl Branford was killed late Wednesday evening by a cow Elephant down at crooks corner (where Zim, South Africa and Moz join). Don't have any details yet, except that the client bought his body out yesterday. Carl (Zim PH licence No 34) leaves behind a wife and couple of kids)

Sadly, not a joke. I am a long way from Chiredzi, so the story may not be quite accurate (will see the parks report in time but...) Apparantly they were hunting a bull in thick jesse when Carl shouted at everybody to run or back off or something and they all turned and beat a hasty retreat with Carl bringing up the rear... Got a little scatered and the client and the tracker, council scout and a lad with the water bag regrouped eventually in a clearing and after a while and much calling went back into the thick stuff to look for him.

Much to eyeryones supprise they found him run through and stepped on, very close to where they were when he shouted for them to run. No shot fired and no trumpeting or screaming.. but tracks indicate a cow took him from the flank.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad News X 8

EKM..not to mention one of those killed was in his own right a tremendous BC guide. Right Tools and more importantly the right attitude or don't bother going on one. Probably I will be heading there in at least the next year or so ...not sure about the big 5 though probably just plains game
Old 04-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Default RE: Bad News X 8

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

EKM..not to mention one of those killed was in his own right a tremendous BC guide. Right Tools and more importantly the right attitude or don't bother going on one. Probably I will be heading there in at least the next year or so ...not sure about the big 5 though probably just plains game
I have a couple of pretty good contacts for africa.

If you haven't decided on a PH yet, I know a couple of good ones.

Also, I know of a very good depredation buff hunt were you can shoot a number of buff.

Quick Reply: They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.