Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hunting in Idaho....New Here >

Hunting in Idaho....New Here

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting in Idaho....New Here

Old 06-05-2004, 11:28 PM

Default Hunting in Idaho....New Here

Hey, I'm new to Idaho(Air Force) so I'm looking for some spots around Mountain Home where this is good Deer, Elk, and bird hunting around here, besides C.J. Strike. Also fishing places. I just hope I'm not fighting overseas when it comes to be hunting season. Thanks
Old 06-08-2004, 10:52 PM

Default RE: Hunting in Idaho....New Here

hello... i am from that area of idaho.. i really like unit 39.. all land between mt. home and boise along the right side of interstate.. you can get a bear , cougar ,elk , deer, turkey and any water fowl and upland game bird stamps for that area... as for hunting bird.. i like to go to the blacks creek exit just 7 miles before boise, i make a right hand trun and head 3 miles to the bonneville point .. there is plenty of acres for prime bird hunting..also you will see alot of antelope but they only hand out 25 tags a year for unit 39.. good luck...
Old 06-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting in Idaho....New Here

I lived in Boise for a few years and we hunted Phesant down by Glenns Ferry.My brother lives in Caldwell and he hunts elk and deer over at Orofino and also down by Bear Lake.Some good fishin can be had in the Boise River,also the Snake.Lucky Peak Lake is good and Cascade Res. north of Boise,also there some good bass fishin(used to don't know now)in the ponds in Garden City.
There is alot of fishin and hunting,around there so you better get to exploring.
BBJ