Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves and there right to survive >

Wolves and there right to survive

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
jjt

Default Wolves and there right to survive

I keep hearing that wolves share the same right to survive as every other animal. Almost every wolf lover and the people that are on the line over this issue use this same phrase in some way usually worded a little different but meaning the same thing.

So where is the line on survival draw for 1 wolf to survive 100’s of animals must die. Where did the elk moose and deer rights go? Don’t they have the right to survive?

In our society we let a few murderers survive in the general public but if we catch them we then incarcerate them and keep them away from the general public. Wouldn’t the earth be a better place without murderers?

I compare this analogy with wolves, we eliminated them from the general population giving the elk deer moose and humans room to survive. When we caught them we killed or relocated them.
By reintroducing the wolves into Wyoming we have essentially reintroduced killers into the general population and taken away the rights of deer elk and moose to survive

I would not want them to open the prison doors and let all the inmates back into our population would you?? So why are you all for doing it to the deer elk and moose???

my point is that in giving wolves the right to repopulate the Wyoming area we are taking the right to live/survive from 1000's of other animals
Old 04-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves and there right to survive

In our society we let a few murderers survive in the general public but if we catch them we then incarcerate them and keep them away from the general public. Wouldn’t the earth be a better place without murderers?
A human has a choice as to if he/she or who he/she decides to murder. A human who decides to murder is not doing it, usually, because he has to, but instead because he/she made a choice to.
An animal, on the other hand, that kills is usually doing so to survive! An animal such as any animal in the predator catagory, has to kill to survive! How can you compare the two? Apples and oranges!!
I would not want them to open the prison doors and let all the inmates back into our population would you?? So why are you all for doing it to the deer elk and moose???
Nope, I wouldn't! and I'm not. But your anology above doesn't hold any water.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:48 PM
jjt

howler i am sure you are a person that could pick apart an analogy on about anything as i am sure i could do it my self

my point is that in giving wolves the right to repopulate the Wyoming area we are taking the right to live/survive from 1000's of other animals
Old 04-23-2004, 09:34 PM

Lets start a movement to save the elk and deer. I nominate jjt to head the organization, opps there already is one and it`s called PETA. Save the elk, stop hunting! Man we give the antis more ammo everyday. Sad when any human advocates wiping out a species and then "claims" to care about nature. Ask yourself this question, If CWD gets into livestock are you going to support the total removal of all deer and elk from rangeland to stop it from spreading? Because you believe in the removal of one species to benefit another you must agree with this. When I hear people talk about slaughtering any species it makes me ashamed to be classed as a sportsman with these same people. Manageing wildlife with a single goal (to provide hunting oppurtunities) is shortsighted and would just fuel the Antis claim that all we want to do is shoot something. How can we argue that we hunt to enjoy the great outdoors but only the outdoors that doesn`t include all species (we just want game animals, no predators please). If that makes me a bunny hugger than I guess it`s time to hang-up the bow and rifle and shotgun.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-23-2004, 11:59 PM

Those who claim to be sportsman and want to pick and choose what animals should walk Gods green earth are a sorry lot. I suppose those of you who don't want a wolf around is because you cannot eat them. In my opinion if wolves are allowed to repopulate certain areas, when and if they reach necessary management levels, then the solution is to have a hunting season on them, which should make you happy. As Turk says above in a previous post........those against predators sharing managed habitat are as bad as PETA!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly what about the wolf management is your govenor filing law suit over. I was under the impression that there has been no management at all thus the population explosion and all the hatered toward the wolf.

No one here has ever said that the wolves should not be managed and kept at reasonable numbers so as to not cause a huge imballance between the wolves and the deer species.

It amuses me reading some of the names you guys give the wolf.

Unrepressed killers, Bad animals, Evil etc... they are only doing what comes instinctually to every predator on this planet. They all kill other animals to live.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:23 AM
jjt

Lets start a movement to save the elk and deer. I nominate jjt to head the organization, opps there already is one and it`s called PETA
if you think that is what PETA is about you dont know much about PETA. Sportsman the same ones that shoot and eat the deer and elk are the ones who are responcible for keeping there herds big and prosperous

Sad when any human advocates wiping out a species and then "claims" to care about nature. Ask yourself this question, If CWD gets into livestock are you going to support the total removal of all deer and elk from rangeland to stop it from spreading?
first off CWD DOES NOT transmit to livestock from elk and deer, However Brucelousis does and we do our best to manage/vaccinate/etc to stop the spread both ways from cattle to elk to buffalo and buffalo/ elk to cattle
we donot eliminate herds we simply manage against it

Because you believe in the removal of one species to benefit another you must agree with this. When I hear people talk about slaughtering any species it makes me ashamed to be classed as a sportsman with these same people.
biologist game ranches national forests fisheries etc have proven that when you insert the correct management tool you can have super populations and keep them in most cases this includes eliminateing the uncontroled predators or severele limiting there numbers

How can we argue that we hunt to enjoy the great outdoors but only the outdoors that doesn`t include all species (we just want game animals, no predators please).
You (humans) are not natural in the outdoors there fore you should hang up your rifle and just goto the grocery store
the anti's are haveing a great time rejoiceing the more places they get wolves relocated the less people will be able to hunt 90% of the locations of wolves in the WY,ID, and MT are cutting licenses or quotas for hunting already. so i am pretty sure the anti's are winning this battle with the help of sportsman like yourself
Old 04-24-2004, 10:41 AM

No one has answered why the elk and deer in the Lower 48 are so stupid but the deer and elk in southern Alberta and British Columbia seem to survive with wolves. I have never said I was against controlling wolf numbers but you advocate the complete extinction of a species. If Canadian ranchers took the same approach then the only place left for the wolf would be the arctic and that would be sad.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:09 PM
jjt

first off i beleive wolves are hunted and killed in canada

second deer and elk die just the same there as do here or the wolves would not survive

also another consideration is that deer and elk are not accustom to wolves here
where as in canada the have been around them there hole life

Quick Reply: Wolves and there right to survive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.