Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

for all you wolf lovers

Old 04-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: for all you wolf lovers

Exactly who are you "wolf haters" really mad at. Is it the wolf or is it the dumb ass humans that are in charge of the wolves?

Don't you think that if done correctly the wolf could coexist with the humans and the other game animals that we have with out causing all of the problems that are aparently abundant averywhere.

Is it really the wolves fault that they were almost wiped out to begin with?

Is it really the wolves fault that there are overpopulated in some areas causing the problems that many of yoy are seeing now?

Is it really the wolves fault that they are not managed properly in order to prevent all of these problems and hatred toward the wolf?

I don't see how it is the wolves that are the real problem here. I see the real problem as the people that are in charge of this relocation program not having a clue about what should really be done now and in the future about reintroducing them and keeping the population in check.

DM I don't believe it was you that said to kill them all and burry them under the nearest tree. I believe it was jjt and others just agreed with him.

BTW, If you can convince my wife and kids to move to Alaska I would be there as soon as I graduated school. There are a couple of gunsmiths up there that are looking for partners or at least hiring new gunsmiths. Unfortunately I can't just pack up a truck and drive right on up there like you did.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:06 PM
jjt

Exactly who are you "wolf haters" really mad at
if i want to i can pass this blame all the way to bush senior or who ever was pres when they started exterminating them and it would all be BS

the proplem is the WOLVES it doesnt matter who is in charge of them {by what you have contributed already Bigbulls (they are wild and the have instinks etc)} if you manage them it will slow the problems but it will not stop the wolves from being wolves

i share my hatred for the wolves along with the idiots who are in charge of them

also you are correct it was i who said shoot them and drag them under the neerest pine tree

i recently was speaking with a biologist about my stand on wolves verse coyotes and to my amazement he agreed with me when i said they should be managed the same with only a poisoning restriction.

if you take a look at wyomings laws on coyotes you will find there are few laws if any as they carry the predator classification and i might add they are surviveing very well

but back to my point if they were shot (at will)and trapped(winter) they would still survive just fine do to there location and stile of living

if you look back at the extermination effort you will find that hunting and shooting them actually killed a very small percentage however poisoning them was responcible for the majority of the eradication
Old 04-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

if you manage them it will slow the problems but it will not stop the wolves from being wolves
If they are managed with a real understanding of what it would take to keep them under control and actually implemented the actions required it would work.

but back to my point if they were shot (at will)and trapped(winter) they would still survive just fine do to there location and stile of living
This very well may be true and that's fine if it would keep a good ballance between them, the "deer", and us. If having a fully open season or a limited season would keep their numbers in check then I am all for it. Get it started. But just killing them just because they are a wolf in IMO not the right thing to do.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:35 AM
jjt

But just killing them just because they are a wolf in IMO not the right thing to do
i have thought about this statement alot and i am still wondering what other reason there is to shoot a wolf?

i would probably get the first one mounted but other than that i am at a loss

i would not eat a dog
the fur trade has been destroyed by animal activists
so escentually the become bullet test subjects

other than to simply control there numbers the only reason i would shoot them is becasue they are a wolf

So Big bulls what is the right thing to do????
Old 04-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

What I mean by that is that we should go pay our money for the license, pay the tax, search and rescue fee, and keep it legal.

Not just go out and start shooting and trapping as many of them as we can just because they are there.

And yes if you see a wolf attacking your livestock or pets then by all means you should be allowed to kill it.

I just think that everyone could come to a compromise about and learn to live with the wolf again if we wanted to.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:33 AM
DM

bigbull,

You freely admit that "YOU" don't, nor does "anyone else" have a plan in place, to control the wolves!! So, why do you keep advocateing the release of more wolves into the lower 48 states "BEFORE" something is done about the problem that "ALREADY" exist????????????????

There's NO way they wolves will be controled once let loose, the proof of that is, look where they already exist!!

"If" you wolf lovers want to keep on putting more predators into our system, then you all better start castorateing all the new born human babies, because it's those same babies, (and there children) "as adults", that are competeing for the same land the predators need!!!

Please start with your OWN kids first, to show the rest of us just how SERIOUS you are about your love of wolves!!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

You freely admit that "YOU" don't, nor does "anyone else" have a plan in place, to control the wolves!! So, why do you keep advocateing the release of more wolves into the lower 48 states "BEFORE" something is done about the problem that "ALREADY" exist????????????????
Uhm, have you actually read any one of my posts? If you had you would have known before hand that I am not advocating the uncontroled release of wolves anywhere. What I am advocating is that when the people that are running this show have actually got a sound plan and future plans on numbers control that the wolf should be reintriduced back into the lower 48 states.

BTW, I, nor anyone else here (including you), will be able to come up with a plan to deal with this. None of us are "in the loop" enough or an actual member of the relocation effort to be able to deal with it first hand. What I do know is that if the individual states wildlife officials were "allowed" to manage the wolves as needed we wouldn't be having this argument.

There's NO way they wolves will be controled once let loose, the proof of that is, look where they already exist!!
I beg to differ. The wolves numbers are out of control in certain areas because there never was, nor is, a sound plan to do deal with a growing population. The people running this program just dumped them out and hoped for the best and as we all know this has never, nor will ever work.

"If" you wolf lovers want to keep on putting more predators into our system, then you all better start castorateing all the new born human babies, because it's those same babies, (and there children) "as adults", that are competeing for the same land the predators need!!!

Please start with your OWN kids first, to show the rest of us just how SERIOUS you are about your love of wolves!!!
The only thing I can say about this is that it has got to be one of the most absurd statements made by anyone in this whole debate.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:06 AM
DM

At least we agree on a couple points!!

The wolves are out of control in some area's!! AND, There's NO plan to control them!!!

SO, are you for or against the release of more wolves into the lower 48 states???????

BTW, i do have a plan to control them. It is, you open season on any wolf in the problem areas untill they are shot down into controlable numbers!!!!

Actually, the wolf lovers should be the ones paying for ALL control efforts and DAMAGE the wolves do. I can't see why the rest of us (who knew better in the first place) should come in with OUR dollars to clean up your mess!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

No I am not for the reintroduction of any wild animal with out some realistic plan and expectations inplace to make sure that things like this don't happen. Until that is set and in place there should not be any more released.

If the states are actually allowed to manage their own populations of animals and will do it properly then I see no reason at all why we can't live with wolves.

I have never said in any of these threads that the wolf should be allowed to grow out of control with no means in place to keep their numbers in check. What I have been adoment about is that there is room enough for the wolves if managed properly like our deer, elk and moose.

All of us hunters know with out a doubt that no matter the animal if left to populate uncontroled eventually all of the animals as well as humans will begin to suffer in one way or another.