Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

for all you wolf lovers

Old 04-22-2004, 11:49 PM

Default RE: for all you wolf lovers

Has anyone seen the results of the government regulating the coyote. It is failing, and there is open range on them. The coyote has this knack for reproducing that is baffling. Just when you think you have the problem controlled a bitch has a 20 pup litter and with their survival rate you have replaced the predator you just killed with three to four more. Talk about walking uphill in sand.

Just a (calmer for me) thought to play with.

Dogs eat their own fecies.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:13 AM

So how many people can you feed with a wolf? How many acres does it take to feed a wolf? What has a wolf done to cure world hunger? Did the wolf stop Adolph from ridding the world of Jews and Gypsies. Has the wolf created a way to take half the acreage to feed three times the population of our great country? Did the wolf create the cotton gin or discover that wool keeps you warm and lanolin is excellent for the skin?The wolf is not the balance of nature as much as you may want it to be. It wasn't missed as much as you want it to be. It's not your backyard your playing in. My livelyhood is not part of a feel gooder zoo. I enjoy hunting because I enjoy hunting wolf or no wolf. When the rancher/farmers of this country decided to better the productivity of the land it was for a very good reason. The next time you open a package, shop for fresh groceries say a prayer to the four winds, spirit of nature and the wolf for the vehicle you drive, that carries your groceries to the home you live in with the heating system running water flush toilet cable tv and internet connection you so dearly despise.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Uhm, OK????????

What does Adolf Hitler and world hunger have to do with a wolf? I don't think any one here, even the wolf haters, accused the wolf of being a world leader or an inventor, or textile mill.

The point is that even a predator like a wolf has just as much right to exist as all the beloved elk, deer, moose, and cattle. No one ever said that the wolf is THE ballance of nature. It is a PART of the ballance of nature and should be there.

Since you guys don't like the wolf so much I will gladly trade you my apartment for your house in the mountains and your wolf problem. Heck go ahead and throw in a mountain lion and bear problem too. Any takers??? Come on, even swap. I know some of you would rather deal with traffic every day than the occasional wolf.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:48 AM

Bigbulls, if you get to many offers, send some my way. I'd take that trade anyday.Alleycats may soon become the #1 problem predator if we get to many takers....they are the wolves of the city...and damn dangerous....look at how they destroy our urban wildlife....sparrows and pigeons. Take up arms brothers....exterminate all cats before we are over run
Old 04-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll definetly keep you in mind plainsman. I'm sure I'll have then knocking down my front door with a fully loaded moving truck in the parking lot.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:32 AM
DM

I'm still trying to find where "I said" to wipe all the wolves off the face of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone show me where i said that here, ????? Or anywhere else for that matter!!!!!!!!!

I'm always amazed how the people who live in the cities, who "don't live" with problems (like wolves) seem to beable to "sugar coat" those same problems, and can only see through there own rose colored glass'!!

Guys, don't whine about your situation, Alaska is still there, do what i did, get an old pickup, and hit the road!! I was young, broke, and did it with out knowing anyone there! Make your dream come true, that's what i did!!!

15 or 20 years in the bush should shed some light on your thinking, and give you some first hand experence!!!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-23-2004, 07:13 AM

Humans are the biggest sport killers. How many gopher and coyote hunters are there? How many kill a bear and leave everything but the rug? I hear of all the horror stories of elk and deer with their hind legs tore to peaces. Don't get me started on telling you how many wounded animals I have found in the woods shot to peaces by hunters or suffering by a slightly off arrow. I'm seriously considering giving up archery hunting as I have made a few bad shots and it isn't necessary for me. How many city hunters go out in the woods and shoot deer just to take back to show their friends and then leave in the dumpsters.

You don't want to argue with me about the ethics of wolves. They have every right to be out in the forest. It's a matter of how we manage them that's the problem. We need to take care of the ranchers too, as they have a right to exist and make a living. We can't put wolves back everywhere but they should be in some places.
This is a little off track now and should stay focused on sport killing but it galls me to hear about how bad wolves are. They aren't the ones taking up all the winter range which is the biggest threat to our game animals. Anyway's, the greed of it all is pathetic.

Wolves live by instincts and we think through what we do and we still sport hunt.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-23-2004, 12:00 PM
jjt

RJ

you will have to do better than stats. these guys are not interested in any of that they just want wolves and it is there right to survive no matter what the consequences are to hunters ranchers etc
Old 04-23-2004, 12:02 PM

RJ

Thanks for the post mortum! And the wolf lovers down here in "game abundant" Colorado are only 9 years behind you guys and just aching to catch up with you. I may be skeptical, but following you down the path the government has put you folks on does not really sound like the kind of "improvement" I'd like to see in these parts. Too bad too, our fledgling moose population was just getting going....

Check out "Good News For BC Moose" where they are raising the legal limit there to 10 wolves PER HUNTER! Be careful for what you wish for Colorado.... just one decade and you too can be crying for the "good old days".

Remember, this is a good thing! The Sierra Club and the Government tells us so and we should believe them. This is a good thing. This is a good thing. This is a good thing. I'm trying but it just ain't working.

EKM

Quick Reply: for all you wolf lovers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.