Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

not for the wolf lovers

Old 04-24-2004, 07:44 AM
jjt

Default RE: not for the wolf lovers

REINTRODUCTION! Should have never happend.
it ceases to amaze me how many people that live with them hate them and how many people that live elsewhere want them
Old 04-25-2004, 12:26 AM

booyaa kill all wolves and dont forget cougers they kill up to or more than 56 deer a year made this my background also booya
Old 04-25-2004, 02:18 AM

Just pounding my chest I guess. Not comparing just stating fact. I've noticed you picked up on a few things, that's good. If the wolf was smart it would have re-introduced itself. But we are smarter we are doing it for them.
It's sad but true that the Human is the top of the food chain and competition is our strong suit. I really wish I could run around naked and eat just the fruit off the trees and the grass in the fields but God didn't make me that way. I know that.

Cause and effect, what man has caused affects the world and I believe that there is solution to all the problems we have caused. I also know when I have a good thing going and when I see others trying to fix my good thing I get a little bent. I have heard of solutions to the wolf problem that would prove that man is dominant, and quite frankly that scares me.Solutions like "why don't we re-introduce canine distemper into the wolf populations that certainly would be a quick fix". Instead I choose to voice an opinion that the Wolf re-introduction is wrong, opt to let our legal system work the problem to a viable reasonable solution, and go on enjoying my little part of the country. In fact I enjoy it enough that maybe reducing the numbers of game tags for out of state hunters isn't such a bad thing after all. You are still welcome to come here and look at our re-introduced populations of wolf. Now who says that the problems man creates are all bad?
Old 04-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

it ceases to amaze me how many people that live with them hate them and how many people that live elsewhere want them
Very true,and isn't is a great coincidence that most of the wolf supporters live in the city and not in rural areas.They want to be able to go out to the country to hear and see the wolves now and then but they will never have to deal with the problems that the re-introductions cause.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:42 AM

My final word on this subject is that as long as hunters, ranchers etc. stay this divided than the antis are going to win. We must find some common ground to this debate or the antis will use it to turn us on ourselves(as is already the case).
Old 04-26-2004, 08:12 AM
DM

stubblejumper

You've hit the nail squarely on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is, now that you've said something so "sensible", "someone" is going to come along and accuse you of being a "know it all"!!! :&gt

Drilling Man
Old 04-27-2004, 10:58 PM

Here I am thumping again - this is in response to no one in particular.

There are things that man has done for money and greed that makes me sick, and there are things that man has done for fellow man that makes me see that there is hope. Regardless of what some may say or feel about this, Man has dominion over every creature on this earth, we do not own them we use them to our benefit. Man sees a problem and WITH REASON does what is necessary to solve the problem. In the case of the wolf re-introduction, it is a plan that benefits only a few and costs many.

The solution to controlling the re-introduced wolf problem is not being heard because a few do not agree with the verbage "Predator". That is to the detriment of the few being affected by a forced re-introduction of the wolf.

What do you do for a living? Does it help your fellow man? Are you happy to be doing your work?

Would you want me to come in and make it more difficult for you to be happy in your work helping your fellow man?

If you chose to live the lifestyle out here why would you want to create problems that make that lifestyle more difficult? Why would you think that I'd just lay down and let some city bred animal rights activist tell me I have a problem because there are no wolves to be seen in my neck-o-the woods. My home/lifestyle/work is not a vacation spot/zoo/themepark for people who feel bad about being people.

I may not agree with your bumper sticker but I will defend your right to stick it.

I will wait for the courts to decide.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:51 PM

If they're killing my cattle. they'll die. If i'm deer hunting ad see one, i'm not going to shoot it. Sure they're pretty and they have the right to kill deer, elk, rabbits,etc. If they take down an elk it doesn't mean the elk population is plummeting. what the hell is wrong with u guys
Old 05-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Been working on this for a few....needed and wanted to say something however I do not live in the west, am not a rancher. This may be a one time post but I am not known for my post and runs either....Consider this my thoughts for now is all I can say.... I will answer when I have the time ASAP Thanks

I have refrained from posting on this topic for a reason....I live with one(a Wolf that my young son and I consider a pet), and another that is a Hybrid. I have studied Wolves even before reintroduction became an issue...for some 30+ years. An expert I am not, but I do know one thing....I have seen some very good and admirable posts made by several members on this forum. You know well who you are, Thank you! In addition, to compare Wolves to yotes is like apples to oranges! You do not know what your talking about when it comes to the differences of canids...wild or not...... Yes I know rather well how Wolves kill in the wild, and I do not belong to Peta either! I respect the animal for exactly what it is, a high level predator that is very similar to humans with their social relations, and how they maintain to survive. Not talking story books...just the truth. Wolf lover...yes, perhaps. But if one were to kill one of my livestock I would also drop it? Yep, if it was an ongoing problem you can be sure that I would. I like to consider all aspects....and the Wolf issue is one of those aspects. Hell, The antis have already won this round...quite simply because no one takes the time to understand the animal! Call me what you will, say what you will....after over 30 years of research I know better!! Some here on this thread speak with a rational tongue....and some do not. Some quite simply just hate Wolves and their competition with your hunting, or livestock.....If we lose the Wolf once again, we will loose them forever!!!! Sorry folks but for me their voice is the true voice of Wilderness and what this country once was.....and never will be again! Nuff said from this lady.......for now. If I continued I may have to ban myself.......

P.S. For the member that mentioned about Canadian Wolves as opposed to NA Wolves...and the size difference. There is somewhat of a size difference involved...on in the sense that in Canada the Wolves have had the genetic need to develop to the colder climate....the size difference can vary at times. However you were correct that most all are considered Canis Lupus and as such, one and the same!!!
Take heed on what you wish for some of you, as those of you are against a species that will surely and eventually be regulated....you want to demolish(sp) rather than regulate!!!!! Pathetic!!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

i can't believe some of this junk i am reading. has no one here ever heard of compromise?!?!?!

Quick Reply: not for the wolf lovers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.