Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado beware of wolves

Old 04-24-2004, 11:05 AM

Default RE: Colorado beware of wolves

The idea that the people that live in the area affected are the only ones who have a right to express an opinion is unfair. Could someone please tell me how much of each western state is owned by the federal government? If the wolves are on BLM land etc then all americans have a right to decide if wolves belong. I will repeat again that I have nothing wrong with controlling their numbers and think that they should be de-listed in many areas but also hate hearing the only way to deal with them is the three S`s. Maybe the antis will give up on wolves and pressure the government to start darting elk with birth control ( like they`ve done elsewhere).
Old 04-24-2004, 01:32 PM

Turk Man.........look at who started this thread and in all probability is protesting the most. Outfitters!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 03:05 PM
jjt

The idea that the people that live in the area affected are the only ones who have a right to express an opinion is unfair
your dead wrong

in your beloved canada that is one of the largest problems i see(the masses controling the rest)

we have states here and states have there rights along with the people who live in them

in the case of wolves the federal government has broken the laws and will soon be in court to battle it out with the state of Wyoming

what the government did was unfair forceing a predatory animal on the people of wyoming montana and idaho all doing so in the name of special interests and it is BS
Old 04-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

For the most part I agree with jjt about this.

The people that live there should have the biggest voice in the matter but they should not be the only voice. Take me, I don't live there yet but I am trying real hard to get there. It may take a while but I would like to have a wolf or two around when I do get there.

The way that this reintroduction was carried out was not in the best intrest the wolf, game animals, or the people that live in the areas.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:33 AM

I agree with ya but (there's always a but in there) In order for an increase in "predator tags" there would have to be a study done by a Yale edumicated brat before the tags could be issued and that could (probably would) take years.

By the way the term "predator" is found to be offensive by a lawyer/judge down south and thus our "predator" control/delisting effort is headed for the courts.

bigbulls has already chewed me out for being too verbal.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:50 AM

Hey jjt - You gotta respect the "ALdo man". Read some of his stuff. He wrote an article (and lots of others ) for the North American Hunting Club. I believe the issue was about the North American Elk populations and in his articles he stresses nature conservancy and hunting ethics. Although I could say he "waxed poetic" his view on hunting ethics and preservation is to be admired. We could all learn something from him.

Anyway, I sure hope this wolf thing gets resolved, I hate to think of how much the out of state hunters would lose because some butter brain thinks we need to RE-SOLVE another dead issue.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

bigbulls has already chewed me out for being too verbal.
What? I wasn't chewing you out at all. We are all meerly having a discussion that can get a little heated at times but we are all still friends here.

Sorry you took it that way.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:44 AM
cj5

as long as they keep their numbers under control and allow farmers and ranchers to take care of business when they are having problems with livestock being killed so be it! if i remember right when they reintroduced the mexican wolf in arizona the deal was if a rancher witnessed a wolf killing his livestock he had every legal right to kill the wolf on the spot, as it should be. what about the anti hunting tree huggers? they are allowed to breed and overpopulate and prey on poor hunters ( just like wolves do to wildlife and livestock ) aint nobody out to do the sss `s to them and keep their population under control. im more worried about them than i am of wolves.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:46 AM
DM

No matter how many "new wolf threads" are started, no matter how long the threads last, it STILL always ends up with the SAME story!! Those who don't want the wolves retroduced, have seen FIRST HAND what they are like!! AND, those that want them, have NEVER lived with them!!! All they do is spout second hand data and stories!!!

I lived around them for a LONG time, and i REPEAT, once you have them established, unless you live in town, you won't like them around!!!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

All bow to the great DM. Because he is all knowing and every one else hasn't got a clue.

Please spare us all of your holier than thou BS.

Should we shed a tear for all of the horrible acts of nature that you have witnessed? Please. It's nature and that's the way it goes, get over it. No matter how long you have lived in the "BUSH" you have not even scrached the surface of what really goes on out in the wilds of nature.

Quick Reply: Colorado beware of wolves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.