HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   I Am Outraged !#%^@& (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/57767-i-am-outraged.html)

Goodguy 04-03-2004 10:36 AM

I Am Outraged !#%^@&

How can we expose the fraud that our Ontario Provincial Liberals and the MNR Minister David Ramsay has perpetrated on the residents of the north when the spring bear hunt was not reinstated as the committee with their extensive study recommended but instead the MNR would take other measures to control the nuisance bears. These measures seem to be a 1-800-514-BEAR number with a recorded message which directs callers to "call 911 if this is an emergency life threatening (bear) problem". How absurd! Is this a joke? Someone with an emergent life threatening bear problem is going to be on the phone calling a 1-800 number? GIVE ME A BREAK. What has this done to deal with the increase in the bear population and the nuisance bear encounters? It has done nothing to correct the problem. It's just a feeble attempt to deal with a problem after it has occurred. But look a little further. A 911 call in rural northern Ontario goes to the OPP. What have they done? They have simply off loaded the bear problem to the OPP who often are too busy especially during spring,summer & fall in cottage country to handle the police calls they receive. Someone will be killed or seriously injured soon. It's only a matter of time. Damn politicians. gg.

jjt 04-03-2004 12:51 PM

RE: I Am Outraged !#%^@&

i think if i was haveing a bear problem i would SHOOT it the call the 1800 number

they make many poison that you can buy. if it is not legal to poison them you simply throw the poison in the trashcan with some donuts

sounds like your problem stems from letting the stupid make the laws i thought that was only a US problem

bigbulls 04-03-2004 03:34 PM

Why would you want to poison the bears. It's certainly not their fault that the idiot humans can't see the forest through the trees. The bears are just being bears. It is our responsibility to control the populations and keep them healthy and bear / human encounters to a minimum. Don't make the bears suffer from being poisonned just because Canada has a bunch of idiots running the show.

Maybe when enough people and pets get attacked in their own homes they will reconsider their plan of attack and allow hunters to hunt them and ceep them in check humanely.

Broken Arrow 04-03-2004 03:50 PM

I agree with bigbull, we moved in there area. We should respect all animals.

sawbill 04-03-2004 07:32 PM

If we're going to do any poisoning, direct your anger where it belongs, not at the bears, but the politicians. They're the ones who should be shoved in a garbage can, right where they belong. Its a neck and neck race as to who the earths scum is, lawyers or politicians. I just can't seem to make up my mind.

wahunterinrok 04-03-2004 08:22 PM

So when are we gonna start poisoning politicans? The only problem with politicians is that there like cockroaches, you can't kill em all, they'll just keep comin

ELKampMaster 04-03-2004 08:51 PM

GoodGuy,

Boy that is a tough one. They must assume your bears are very well mannered to give the intended victim all that time to do their dialing and then wait for the mountie to show up.

Damn, urban based, PC cowered politicians anyhow! It seems like they have to wait for a grisly incident or a death or both before they "wake up". What ever happened to plain "nuts and bolts" common sense? It is a mystery.

Good Luck and Good Hunting (all those bears)
EKM

thndrchiken 04-03-2004 10:03 PM

Two words, New Jersey. I know how you feel.

trapper T 04-03-2004 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jjt

i think if i was haveing a bear problem i would SHOOT it the call the 1800 number

Ya but the problem in that senario from what I understand is gun control is gettin out of hand up north so you probably don't have anything to shoot with. And if you do your in the "pokey" and not having a bear problem;)[:-]

jjt 04-04-2004 11:51 AM

wow i see some of you are against poisoning

so all you non poisoners tell me how you are supposed to deal with wolves here in wyoming. your not supposed to shoot them, the hole i moved in there territorey dont work because they were not here when i move to wy, my grandparents had rid the land of them
if we have problems with them we are supposed to call the game and fish

then everybody comes out and investigates your garbage, dead dog, and slaughtered livestock

after 2 or 3 weeks they say yep its wolves. DUH

and they send a trapper out to try to relocate them if they are not succesful then they finaly kill them

this after spending thousands of wy g&f dollars on a couple of problem animals

seams to me the common sence thing is to shoot them or if they are coming in at night poison them

yes it is against the law to do both but if you cant kill the politicians(they wont step foot on my land) you can only protect what is yours

ps dont give me that poor wolf or poor bear thing they are fed better than most of us and have free range of billions of acres of land seem to me there stupidity gets them tons of rights already( wow that almost mimmiks humans)