Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I Am Outraged !#%^@&

Old 04-06-2004, 09:02 PM
jjt

Default RE: I Am Outraged !#%^@&

rather

if you read closely you will see predator does not refer to wolves as of right now they are still a protected species in WY this offers some alternatives but anytime one is found dead especially on a ranch the US fish and game get involved

i can promise you these guys/gals are the biggest self serving idiots that the US education system has put out yet

they are motivated by there feelings and there common sence is non existent

after all of the lies they have spewed here and there approach to finding a compromise and there tactics when an animal is killed by someone other then them. I would rank them second to PETA

With them:
you are guilty until proven innocent
they tresspass on your land with no reprocusion(and no warrant)
they would rather tell you lies and some BS story than get the facts and try to tell the truth
and i can promice you as a sportsman they dont give a $hit what you or any other sportsman wants
they are run by/with a very left wing agenda

that is my take on them and a good many other sportsman in this area that has had to deal with them

Please dont confuse the US game and fish with the WY g&f
as the WY g&f is doing there best to help all involved (sportsman landowners ranchers etc)
Old 04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jjt

rather

if you read closely you will see predator does not refer to wolves as of right now they are still a protected species in WY this offers some alternatives but anytime one is found dead especially on a ranch the US fish and game get involved

Yeah, I know that. I was simply trying to connect two dots. The discussion as I was seeing it was turning towards what rights ranchers should have vs. what they have done in the past to erradicate a species. I know wolves are protected but I firmly believe a man ought to be able to protect his property as you were saying. I also think there ought to be a management plan in place BEFORE they ever release one animal.

But I also see bigbulls' point about ranchers killing every one they see anywhere, anytime. In the past this was the practice and the whole reason these animals are protected. There weren't many left because of fear and ignorance and people started killing every animal they saw. Now ranchers are paying the price for the mistakes of thier heritage. However I do think its wrong that the gov isn't doing more to help ranchers out.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:43 AM

I hear your issues and agree 100%, there are bear problems in Northern Ontario and the politicians don't want to deal with it. But you missed a very good way to show their ignorance............ keep that 1-800- full of calls 24 hrs a day, even for the most ignorant sitings of bears. That will force them to deal with it.

Protection of your property and family are paramount and may require the shouting of a few black bears.

Just my 2 cents,

Old 04-08-2004, 09:28 PM

I have to agree with you our bear problem is very real here in north western ontario.I guess our politicians think its ok to have your kids scared half to death by a big cinnomon in your back yard,or your shed door ripped in half,or your dog fighting with a big black in your yard. Oh ye I am speaking from experiance. and gun control i dont even want to start on that. I live in the country but I cant discharge a fire arm here any more,well im glade my dog knows how to run the bears off the property.someone will get hurt up here yet its just a matter of time
Old 04-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

someone will get hurt up here yet its just a matter of time
It is sad but that is exactly what it is going to take to get this resolved for you guys. It's probably going to take a lot of people getting hurt or killed to open peoples eyes to the real solution.

I wish you guys luck on this one.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think we need a politician season everyone get's thier first tag free. they're more of a niusance than the bears the way I see it . None of them hunt or have any idea's of what goes on in the north, other than to visit cottage land on weekend's ,so they don't care about anyone but themselves. The people who have these law's pass don't live North they all live in the city and don't have this problem ,so that's why these stupid rule's get passed . They couldn't care less about the people of the north.They would do just about anything for a vote . Well spoken Goodguy.

nubo