Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

East VS West

Old 03-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Spike

Default East VS West

After reading Stump MN Hunter's post I was wondering what each person's vision of east vs west would be. I know that EKM lives in Colorado, but it looked like the burbs to me after seeing that photo in front of his house with his gear. Myself, I live a couple of miles outside of a town of about 3,000. I'm less than 2 hours from DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and State College, but trust me,,,, I ain't close to no city. Seems to me like everyone thinks we all live in the big city if you live east of the big river. I've attached a few photos of our area to back up this argument. Thanks EKM, without your help, I wouldn't be able to pick on you!!!!!!!
My favorite spot for the 1st day of whitetail. In 20 years I've only ever seen a couple of people while hunting here. Notice how thick it is, and it's just as steep.
My mom on top of the ridge, close to where I hunt.
Here's some photos of my buddies cabin and some more of the area we hunt.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: East VS West

Nice nice photos there.

I'll post a few pics of my cabin after I can get up there. Still too much ice on the hill to get up, and I don't have a snowmobile. Hiking it right now isn't worth it to get a few pictures. It's three miles up an unmaintained road in the Southerntier NY. I have miles and miles to hunt.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:51 AM

LOL...I should take a pic of what I see when I'm in my stand when all the leaves are off of the trees. To the west 100 yards off there is one house and straight behind me about 200 yards, there's a 60X80 shed. But I see and shoot deer there all the time.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:54 AM

I should also add that a good majority of MN is not like this. I just happen to have land that is around people.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't know wich post to put this in so I choose this one.
East Vs West is the question.
I live in Montana,I choose to live here.I put up with crappy wages,cold winters and lots of wind for one reason,I like to hunt.I like the freedom of walking out my door and knowing I can hunt for elk,deer,black bear moose,big horn or antelope and even mountain sheep.This is all with in a hour to 2 hour drive.Most of the eastern dwellers drive that in a comute to work.
I've lived in Montana my whole life I have travled to big cities,Denver,Pheonix,New York and so on, and you can keep the city.I live in a rented house on a 2000 acre farm,the nearest town is 10 miles away and the population is 7 pepole.The local Co-Op sells tires,harware,copenhagen and beer.The nearest grocie store is 1 hour,nearest Mc Donalds is 1 hour and that is about the only fast food.
I had an opptunity to move to VanCouver,Wash to take a better position and more money last year, I turned it down.I love the wide open and there would no worse punishment for then to take me out of the west.
Theres a song out there that gose"Leave me some where in the middle of Montana" and that is right where I will stay.
Nice pic's by the way.BBJ
Old 03-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

BareBack, sound real nice.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hale87 Thanks for posting the pictures. You do have some pretty country there. The farthest east I have ever been is St.Louis, MO. I really don't care to go farther east than Cabelas in Sidney, Nebraska. I just like it where I am, we have more game animals to offer. I do not have the big whitetails that some people have. I do have elk, mule deer, whitetails, antelope, big horn sheep, mountain goat, moose & black bear to hunt. I can hunt all of these animals on public land without an outfitter.
When I think of the eastern half of the U.S. I think of leased land & deer hunting clubs?
One month ago I had a job offer on the east coast that would have doubled my salary. I thought about it over night & posted a question on this board. I asked who would take it & who would stay. Almost everyone told me to stay put. I am staying right where I am. I might go to the east coast to visit someday?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Spike

Wolf Killer, that post is what got me thinking about people's opinion of the east. My only point is that we don't all live in the city. I can't stand it any more than anyone else. Speaking of "clubs"? I have a friend that's in the middle of selling his property to just that situation. He offered his 40 acre property with house, and trout stream to me for less than 300,000. It's a great place and it's surrounded by state forest. I'd have to give up everything I have in order to afford such a place, meaning hunting trips, sell rental property, blah, blah, blah. Point is he ask everyone around if they were interested, and reluctantly listed it on the open market. He listed it at 400,000 and it sold by the end of the day. A High priced fishing club purchased it, and now they're trying to lease the other properties in the area. I've heard conflicting stories on the price of joining, but it's said to be between 50, and 65 thousand plus yearly dues. Here's their web page.
[:@][:@]http://www.springridgeclub.com/images/srchm.jpg [:@][:@]
Check out their notice to kayakers and canoes! So much for being friendly.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Spike

What a joke, picture of father and son! Only if you're one of the elite!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Nice Pic's and very nice cabin.

Quick Reply: East VS West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.