Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Question for every elk hunter. >

Question for every elk hunter.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Question for every elk hunter.

Old 03-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Spike

Default RE: Question for every elk hunter.

deer montana elk hunter for that kind off money you could get a wyoming landowner to sell you 160 with elk on it and get a landowner tag thats what i have done a great area for that is elk aree 122 lots of private land huge lk small elk score 340 large elk score 400. my elk ( a trade scored 390 372 net ) .in new mexico you can get a gila permit for 3,000 dollars and hunt 330t plus bulls every year.in idaho some over the counter tags for elk cost 700.00 and you can hunt on a ranch for 3,000 more 100% on320 class bulls or better. also there is 36 mule deer in the same area [email protected]
Old 03-04-2004, 11:09 AM

Wolfkiller, if it were me, I would have made the same decision you did. As long as you are making sufficient jing to get you by today, the other benefits you have pail in comparison. I live in Wisconsin and have all of my life. I enjoy it, and have family in this state and we are quite close. I probably would not move, although may consider it at some point, but doubtful. I love to elk hunt and having that critter in my back yard would be hard to move away from!

Good luck......
Old 03-04-2004, 02:20 PM

stay put
Old 03-04-2004, 03:51 PM

You made the right decision, money isn't everything!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:41 PM

Wolf killer,

Easy solution. FInd a friend in MT whose address you can use. Keep that as your primary residence, but take the new job. This way you are still paying MT, income tax and can still get MT resident license.

You also are going to be making twice the money so this will allow you to retire sooner and get back to MT full time. With earlier retirement you would be able to enjoy the wonderful state of MT completely without any committments except to family.

Good Luck
Old 03-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

Wow,

I guess hindsight is perfect. I left Colorado in 1974 to join the Navy. Although I have only missed 5 elk seasons in the past 30 years, I have often wondered what would have happened had I stayed home. I have missed a lot. I will retire soon, in about 2 years, and will have the rest of my life to hunt elk. There is not enough money to get me to live in a state that does not have elk hunting.

good luck to you.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf Killer---If I lived in Montana no amount of money would get me to live on the East Coast..no amount of money...YOu may make double the income but your life will be severely stressed and it will cost 2x to live here and then spend the rest of your time wishing you were in Montana...I think there are idiots in revenue offices that spend all night and day dreaming up new taxes or regulations...Stay Put...
Old 03-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

As you can see Wolfkiller, you ain't going anywhere, we won't let you go. If you think about doing it we'll send the huntingnet swat team and kidnapp you and bring you back, so your just going to have to stay put and be broke with me. Good luck, Bobby
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

You'd better listen to Bobby he's serious!!!!!!!!! elknut1
Old 03-10-2004, 09:33 AM

Stay where you are, don't burn your bridges.

I'd rather be happy and poor outdoors than stressed unhappy and rich wishing.

EDIT POINT: Besides the fact that you know your game and don't need an outfitter.

Outfitters are adultsitters for people (in my experience) who can't shoot and are more worried about what's for lunch.

Quick Reply: Question for every elk hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.