Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Can't Post Here No More

Old 01-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Can't Post Here No More

Got a virus somewheres, an' I had to put this new blocker thing in my 'puter. Now I can't get on this site 'cept to read stuff, 'lessn I borrow a friend's box. So y'all don't wonder what happent to me. No stretchin' yer brain cells to read my rantings no more. Happy hunting.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Can't Post Here No More

BJ,

Farewell, I'll miss your stuff. You were a "hoot" while you were here --- never put any sugar coating on it -- just called it like you saw it. Feared by "pink arse mama's boys" and "pretenders" and appreciated by most of us that have gotten away from home and out to a remote camp and have actually done it.

Good luck and Good Hunting,

EKM
Old 01-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Say it ain't so!! I had a problem a while back posting here and I thought it was a popup blocker, but it seemed to resolve itself after a few days. If not, figure a way around it. I, for one, will miss you. Always enjoy your posts, whether I agree or not!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

You sure the new program doesn't have a pop-up blocker? Most blockers can be set to disable themselves for specific web sites, or you can turn it on and off as you come and go. Or you could change your profile settings to have inline posting. I hate to see a seasoned hunter leave the board.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

BeaverJack:

I had the same problem. I was infected by Spyware and Addware, so bad I had to use the system recovery disk to delete my hard drive and reinstall all programs. I have also had a very hard time, and still do with my anti-virius software. Email your anti-virius software provider, and tell them what is wrong, and they will help you resolve the problem via Email. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My heart is deeply broken, but what does this have to do with being in the Big Game Foreum, sounds like a personal problem and suggest taking it up with the admin, now lets talk huntin, Bobby
Old 01-24-2004, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a virus somewheres, an' I had to put this new blocker thing in my 'puter.
Yer not saposta put those rubber things on yer puter.[X(]

But i would look for a family of bugs up the ol tuckas if i where jack.

Like a bad smell -you will be back jack

Dont give up so easy- billyjack wouldnt.

The day the mountins crumble into the sea- is the day you wont be seeing me.
(unless the ol lady burys a ax in my head( or pc) first)

( maybe a new start like 123 said, a recovery disk& blank HD?)
Old 01-24-2004, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Cmon now BJ, you're not getting out of that bowhunt for elk that easy, or have you already forgotten? Get that puter fixed so we can hate you one second and laugh with you the next, afterall what else is there to do in the off-season, but raz each other and pass the time. You practice up with that recurve now you hear, want no excuses for missing.[] elknut1
Old 01-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

You sure the new program doesn't have a pop-up blocker? Most blockers can be set to disable themselves for specific web sites, or you can turn it on and off as you come and go. Or you could change your profile settings to have inline posting. I hate to see a seasoned hunter leave the board.
Aught Six has a good point. If this started just after you installed the blocker, chances are this is the cause. Try disabling it then see if your back to normal. If not, there maybe either a virus or spyware/adware as Handloader1 said. Here are some links to get free utilities to help with these things. I have used all of them and haven't had any problems. Be sure to read through the tutorials before using any of them.

Antivirus: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

adware: http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

spyware: http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

adware/spyware: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Though it's always best to have these installed before you get any type of infection, they can help after the fact too. If they don't, then worst case scenario, you'll have to re-install everything on your computer. This sucks! I've had to do that before. If by chance you do need to re-install all the software, then consider installing these free programs BEFORE you get infected.

But I do have a feeling it's your blocker program. If you want a good blocker that is also a free download, then check out Google's free toolbar/blocker: http://toolbar.google.com/ I've used this before with no problems.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:48 AM

Well, there goes the last of the REAL men on this site! Won't be worth SPIT now! I guess there's nothing left but "pantywaists" now! Truly sad!

Quick Reply: Can't Post Here No More

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.