Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose & Fluffy

Old 12-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moose & Fluffy

My "Signature" is a direct quote from an Indian Magistrate (Hari Prasad Tivari) and is meant to tweak the noses of those that are more for the rights of some of our more toothy critters than they are for human beings trying to survive amongst them. As far as chilling out, I've been there and done that, Operation Deep Freeze 66-67 U.S.C.G.C. East Wind WAGB 279 .
And remarks like that in a forum such as this are exactly the kind of thing that the PETA types are looking for. I have also observed over the years that people that proclaim a hatred for small animals such as cats and dogs have a tendency to be abusive to others, not all of them of course but enough to make me tend to distrust them.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:13 PM

Well then I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree then.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:18 PM

Personally Coastie I think "People Eating Tasty Animals" won't care if we all hate cats
Old 12-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

Old 12-22-2003, 01:26 PM

Coastie, I've put my money where my mouth is and have spend my entire career protecting wildlife. I've had to deal with people like peta and anti trappers and anti hunters for 30 years. My setter and springer are loved as much as my two kids are and yet, I STILL HATE CATS! They're nothing more than a hair ball looking for a bed to crap under.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:05 PM

Im not trying to get on anyones bad side here but I think that having a problem with someone saying they hate cats is pretty petty.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sawbill, before you get your knickers in too much of a twist, go back and read my post and make another attempt at comprehending what I wrote. I never said I had a problem with anybody hating cats, I said it was probably not the greatest idea in the world making a statement like that in this particular forum.
Mathewsarcher and I have let it drop so what's the problem?
I do understand that domestic cats (and dogs) allowed to roam free are possibly the #1 menace to song birds and small game that there is, I do not defend in anyway the irresponsible ownership of pets.
As a carrer long defender of wildlife, just what do you see wrong with that?

Shaunpmr, that's my job, to be petty, petty officer 2nd class (retired) USCGR
Old 12-22-2003, 10:52 PM

Nahhhh, my knickers aren't knotted up Especially over something like a cat. But as much as I'm aware of what Peta yahoos can twist around to suit their schedule, I don't think having and voicing a strong dislike towards a particular critter is grist for even their mill. I draw the line at cruelty however and don't tolerate it towards anything. Thats one thing the Peta crowd will never understand. Like keeping their 20 year old hairball alive even though its suffering from all sorts of disease and age related pains just for their own comfort.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:42 PM

Bump
Old 12-23-2003, 02:12 PM

GG,

I thought it was a pretty cool pic. One can go hunting for 'em and not find them and then here they are hanging out in town checking out the urban wildlife.

Who would have thought the whole thing would have gone down this path. [:'(]
Folks must be cranky with the short days and lack of sunlight (or something).

EKM

Quick Reply: Moose & Fluffy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.