Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt??? >

Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt???

Old 12-01-2003, 06:57 PM

Default Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt???

My step-brother called me today wanting to book " us" a hunt. He did that in 97 and in 98 I thanked him for a 367" 6x6 muzzleloader bull from Gila/Apache NM with Mick Chappel @ New Mexico Professional Big Game Hunting Inc, lol. Now he' s been contacted about a Mr. Bob DeYoung in Powder River Pass, WY with High Lonesome Outfitters about a 5 day (Oct 1-5 is the first rifle season and our pick) mulie/antelope combo rifle hunt. The price is reasonable ($3900 excl. airfare) and while not famous for GIANTS, the area produces some decent bucks of both species (32" ers making the top for mulies, while I realistically know that bucks in the mid to upper 20" range can be expected. And 16" er+ on the prariegoats with 13" -15" ers being closer to the norm).

Now for the reason I like these kinds of sites and value you guys opinions/experience, anyone in here familiar with Mr. DeYoung and/or the area in north-central WY. The hunts are on private leases and typically spot and stalk for the riflehunts. What typically is the weather like during this time of year? LOL, I already have the equipment and am looking forward to two more " western species" for the wall. My only concern is what my Warbird might do to a " sagegoat" lol.

October is a long time comin [:' (]
RA
Old 12-08-2003, 11:43 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default RE: Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt???

I went out to Wy this past season and filled my mule deer and antelope on public land with no problem! There was alot of game too see and shoot. After being out there now I would not hire a outfitter to hunt deer and antelope! I hunted in the eastern part of the state. My mule deer was a 3x3 18" wide miss bigger ones and my antelope was 14". good luck car
Old 12-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Booking a WY mulie/antelope hunt???

I hunted with a guide in central Montana this year. There were nine of us in camp, and everyone had their deer by the second day ( four had antelope tags and shot their animals by the second day also). Montana has some benefits that other western states don't offer. If you hunt with a guide, you can buy a guarenteed outfitters license, so you don't have to worry about drawing a tag. Also, their deer season runs through most of November, so if you want, you can plan a hunt during the rut. The cost of my hunt was about the same as yours.