Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 cubs: would you shoot them?? >

cubs: would you shoot them??

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

cubs: would you shoot them??

Old 12-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cubs: would you shoot them??

He knows whats right an' wrong instinctively, and behaves accordingly. There ain't no reasoning on this planet gonna make me not "feel" its wrong to pop a cub for no good reason.
Sure he does jack he was born with it? Most behaviours, ethics, are learned,& or a thought out dicision making prossess.
Otherwise id go around wacking ppl with my stone ax.

Im sure the lill voices told those unfamous,& famous ppl like the son of sam, jack the ripper etc they where doing the right things to, killing all those ppl.

But no one said anything i dont think about poping a cub , for no good reason- as others have said there are many reasons such as to many bears,human attacks, there predataion of game , kill there mother& they will starve etc etc etc.
Hello i dont care if they have a taste for teddy bears& want to make slippers out of them- if its within the law - they must not be scarce.

They really dont have polyester stuffing in them- life is not like gentle ben & ol yeller & things in the natural world will never be the same as they once where sorry to say - the human populaion is ever increasing & changing that.

But of course you can' feel' anyway you like& act on that as a free man.
( dosnt make you better , then those you judge as being unethical uncaring etc ,because you dont agree with them)

I didnt expect to be invited to your camp,i will just stay out in the woods.[]

Once a brain cell is dead , its gone -aint going to grow back, but ya can train& use the other 90% of the brain thats unused... somtimes.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Conscience an' ethics are sorely lackin' in so-called outdoorsmen these days. Its the fundamental reason we got poor stock tootin' around on ATVs in roadless areas, game law violators, an' about a ton of garbage on the road between my house and town. If these here innernet sites don't do nuthin' else, they outta put the fear of a real daddy in all the bastard chilrin' we got runnin' around professin' to be hunters. Daddy's ain't doin' their jobs in my book. I'd have kicked my kid into the middle of next week for pullin' some of the stunts I seen in hunting camps. I'm sure he's got his daddy's foot in mind when he thinks of gettin' involved in some of the crap young people are into these days. I remember his first deer like it was yesterday. A button buck. Boy had a lil' tear in his eye as he looked down on the carcus. Ain't nobody gotta worry 'bout my boy. You, I'm afeared, are another story.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

bj. By nature man doesn't know (or feel) what is right or wrong. That's what objective truth comes in. A source beyond man is the way to know for sure what is right and wrong.

Read carefully. I already said I wouldn't shoot a bear regardless, (unless it was trying to get into my house or harm my family or me.) I don't have a desire to shoot a cub either. So, don't confuse the point I was making. Some were trying to apply this to hunting other species young. That's where I have a problem with some of what you and others were saying in a similar vein.

What I have problem with is the self-righteous nature of a discussion that has no basis in fact, natural-law, mans' law or God's law about taking a young animal wild or domestic, as long as it is legal. What is your reason, not feeling, that you object to another hunter legally taking a yearly deer or Elk?

The world view I subscribe to says eat of any meat, as long as you give thanks. That's what I do and I make no apology to you or any man. With all due respect, I think on this subject the "antis" are the ones standing on a stool with no legs, not the people who'd take a calf or a yearly, give thanks and eat.

In fact, I had a young deer tenderloin fried in butter tonight. I never tasted a better cut of meat.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:39 PM

I dont hunt for bear but if I did I wouldnt shoot a cub
Old 12-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

HERE IN NEW JERSEY WITH JUST HAD OUR FIRST BLACK BEAR HUNT IN 33 YEARS. IT WAS OPEN FOR ANY SEX, ANY AGE BEAR. ON THE LAST DAY I TOOK A 144lb. DRESSED SOW. WHILE CHECKING MY BEAR IN, A FEMALE HUNTER PULLED UP WITH HER BEAR, A 34lb. DRESSED SOW. AS FAR I CARE THIS WAS A DISGRACE TO HUNTERS AND TO THE SPORT OF HUNTING, THIS BEAR WAS NO BIGGER THEN SOME PEOPLES DOGS, IT WAS A TYPICAL "TEDDY BEAR" WE HAD ENOUGH PROBLEMS THIS YEAR IN NEW JERSEY WITH THE ANTI HUNTERS OVER THIS BEAR HUNT, WHAT IF SOME HOW A PICTURE MADE IT IN THE PAPER. ALL THIS FEMALE HUNTER KEPT SAYING IS "I'M THE FIRST FEMALE HUNTER TO GET A BEAR IN NJ" WHO CARES WAS MY REPLY, STOP THINKING OF YOURSELF, AND THINK OF THE SPORT OF HUNTING. IF YOU WANTED A "TEDDY BEAR" GOTO THE TOYS DEPARTMENT OF WALMART
Old 12-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

IN NEW JERSEY WITH THE ANTI HUNTERS OVER THIS BEAR HUNT, WHAT IF SOME HOW A PICTURE MADE IT IN THE PAPER
Why are you so concerened in pleasing the anti hunters & peta flakes?
Do you think they will appove of you shooting the bears anymore then that ladys?
Why not just join them in there protests>?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

BHC, I wonder why your state biologists said its ok to shoot cubs?Would it be for population control and less conflict with humans? Why do you wish to not participate in their management strategy ? Do you have information that your biologists do not ? Is it an ego thing, ie: won't harvest a cub/fawn/calf because it's beneath me.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:30 PM

One of the easiest animals of all to take is a cub bear. There is absolutely no talent involved. However, one of the most difficult animals to get is a calf moose and anyone who does manage to get one has either blundered onto one or has skillfully hunted it. Again, the difference I see in the two are the obvious size of the animal and the amount of meat you'll get. A calf moose gives you about as much meat as a full blown deer. I guess those are the issues where I draw the lines between the two critters. As far as the antis having any say, I would welcome one of those jerks to stand in front of me right now. We just got news that we won't get our spring bear hunt back, so I'm in the mood right now to bust one or two of those clowns right in the chops.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Sawbill, one has to ask why did they open the season after 30 some odd years.Pure and simple, population control. This cub will in about 1 yrs time be booted out by the sow and must make a home range somewhere.Now theres a thought, how about an ARAs backyard. As for our problems, if ANY of my loved ones comes to harm my lawyer gets a phone call.