HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Need advice about rangefinder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/429433-need-advice-about-rangefinder.html)

Leonard Bart 07-11-2023 01:14 AM

Need advice about rangefinder

Guys, there is a question. Interested in purchasing a rangefinder for hunting and tactical games. I am leaning towards some brand, but something tells me that its products, although of high quality, are a bit expensive. What do you think?

Ridge Runner 07-11-2023 02:30 AM

Leica, they just work, I have 2. have ranged a deer at 1210 yards with a Leica 1200.

Wingbone 01-13-2024 03:25 AM

With range finders, you get what you pay for. The best ones are pricey. You set your own comfort level for investing in one.

CalHunter 01-13-2024 10:46 AM

Deleted. didn't notice above posters reopened old topic from last year.

270sniper 02-12-2024 06:18 AM

I have a Sig Sauer and have ranged deer over 1000 yards and killed prairie dogs over 500 yards using the rangefinder. I had it over 6 yrs and still has the original battery.

Oldtimr 02-12-2024 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Marina Foster (Post 4414756)
some brands may offer high-quality products at premium prices, there are also reputable brands that provide excellent performance at more affordable price points.Here are a few factors to consider when evaluating rangefinders:
  1. Accuracy: Look for a rangefinder with precise distance measurements, especially crucial for hunting or tactical applications where accuracy is paramount.
  2. Range: Consider the maximum range capability of the rangefinder, ensuring it meets your needs for both hunting and tactical use. Some rangefinders offer longer ranges, which can be beneficial for shooting at extended distances.
  3. Durability: Opt for a rugged and durable rangefinder that can withstand outdoor conditions, including water resistance and shockproof features.
  4. Ease of Use: Choose a rangefinder with user-friendly features and intuitive controls, allowing for quick and effortless operation in various scenarios.
  5. Additional Features: Evaluate additional features such as angle compensation, ballistic calculation, scan mode, and target prioritization, depending on your specific requirements.
  6. Brand Reputation: Research the reputation of the brand and read reviews from other users to gauge the overall quality and reliability of their rangefinders.
While premium brands like Leica, Swarovski, and Nikon offer top-of-the-line rangefinders, there are also reputable mid-range brands like Bushnell, Vortex, Sig Sauer, and Leupold that provide excellent performance at more affordable price points.

Your cut and paste does not help, anyone, I doubt you even know anything about what you are posting. STOP!!!!

Oldtimr 02-12-2024 02:55 PM

I am using Muddy brand, It is fine for the distances I have the opportunity to shoot game. Unless you are shooting at great distances most of the mid level rangefinders will do just fine.

Champlain Islander 02-19-2024 02:57 PM

My Bushnell works well for my shooting.
Longest distance I ever killed a game animal was 227 yds.

marquesgriffin 04-23-2024 07:20 AM

You're right, there are definitely rangefinders at various price points. While some high-end brands can be expensive, there are also good options for hunters and tactical enthusiasts that won't break the bank. Vortex offers a variety of rangefinders, with some catering to the budget-minded shopper. They are known for their quality optics and typically come with a lifetime warranty, so you can be confident in your purchase. Check out the Vortex rangefinder lineup to see if they have something that fits your needs and budget.