HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Need Opinion For best hunting gun (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/426719-need-opinion-best-hunting-gun.html)

pistolzone 09-23-2021 04:04 AM

Need Opinion For best hunting gun

Hey, I need a valuable opinion for Himalayan ibex and markhor hunting Gun. What is the best option for guns?

mrbb 09-23-2021 07:41 AM

welcome to the site
since odds are your not from the USA, I am going to say, it might come down to what guns are available to you? and not knowing what they are, be rather hard for me or most likely anyone here in the USA top recommend a exact make model rifle for you!

if you want to do a search to read up on things like elk hunting and the rifles and calibers used for them, that might get you a lot of basic info on picking a caliber,a s I gather them species your after will be about the same size as Elk, here in north america, and there is NO shortage of info on calibers for them and rifles used !
also keep in mind that when using a rifle, it also has a lot to do with how the rifle fits YOU
as what rifle I feel is best and fits me best might NOT fit you best and thus, you will never like it all that much,a s to one that does fit you
same with the design of things, what I like you may not
so there is NO such thing as a BEST rifle that fits and is liked by all!
and why they make so many different models and well calibers too
as again, there is NO perfect caliber either

you do need "X" amount of speed and energy in a bullet at "X" range to make clean kills, and there are , again, NO shortage of info on the world wide web to read and learn about that , which you can use to pick a caliber/rifle combo

best of luck to you!

CalHunter 09-23-2021 10:15 AM

If you're truly hunting in the Himalayas, you're not looking for an airgun. I moved this to the Big Game section so you can get more response from people who have hunted in the Himalayas and can give you some guidance or advice.

Kenstix 09-24-2021 07:09 PM

mrbb ~ " there is NO such thing as a BEST rifle that fits and is liked by all! " < Couldn't agree more 100% factual.

myself , hadn't hunted there so would default to my Win. Enfield in 300 H+H with a Good bullet and if I were still unsure , I would try and contact a Himalayan B.G. hunter : )

flags 10-02-2021 06:59 AM

Most the people that seriously hunt mountain game use a flat shooting light weight rifle. Hard to beat the 270 Win or a 7mm-08 in a 6 lb rifle for that sort of hunting. As to the actual brand of rifle, that is a choice made on personal preferences.

faseh67 11-14-2021 09:21 AM

Savage M220 stainless camo Hopefully it will fulfill your hunting needs and you"ll not regret it.

Xtremehuntin12 11-26-2021 09:09 PM

I think a 7mm-08 would be a great option for this hunt! It's hard to beat that caliber.

270sniper 12-24-2021 07:17 AM

I think this is to much info given.

The OP being from that region of the world may be a terrorist

flags 12-25-2021 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 270sniper (Post 4400528)
I think this is to much info given.

The OP being from that region of the world may be a terrorist

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I have spent a lot of time in the Middle East and most of the people over there are really decent people that just want to live their lives. Not all of them are terrorists and most of them despise the terrorists and what they stand for. Just sayin...

TurnersOutdoorsman 01-02-2023 06:14 AM

I will not make hasty decisions. I have traveled a lot in the Middle East and have found that most of the people there are really good people who just want to live their lives.Not all of them are terrorists. , the majority of them hate terrorists and everything they stand for. Just a thought.