Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

My first elk hunt!

Old 10-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

This topic is temporarily closed, pending review of all 62 posts. It should be reopened later this evening after I've had a chance to review everything.
CalHunter

Topic has been reopened after editing/warning. Please follow the rules.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-11-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
This topic is temporarily closed, pending review of all 62 posts. It should be reopened later this evening after I've had a chance to review everything.
CalHunter

Topic has been reopened after editing/warning. Please follow the rules.
Thank you for all you do. I appreciate it.

To everyone else,

I feel the need to say this, in order to alleviate people worrying about me.

When I said I was leaving, I was not in a good mental state. I had a lot of stress going on. This incident here was only part of it. I’m not gonna go into details on the other stresses, because it’s medical stuff.

I’m staying as a member of this forum, and I apologize if I made anybody worry.

I also apologize for breaking the rules, if I did so. I say this because I noticed that some of my posts were edited by a moderator.

Anyway, I am hitting the sack. I will post again when I have an update on how my hunt is going. Elk short range weapons season for my area ends December 31st.

Again, I apologize for anything I might have done wrong.

Sincerely,

Jared Nicholes
Old 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting spanked by a mod is almost a rite of passage around here. Sorry Cal.

Getting past the personal drama and back to the topic, did your buddy get you lined out on an elk or not?
Old 10-12-2021, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by elkman30
Getting spanked by a mod is almost a rite of passage around here. Sorry Cal.

Getting past the personal drama and back to the topic, did your buddy get you lined out on an elk or not?
I so far, no. He had a sudden dump of work get onto him. As a result, he’s been extremely busy, and I am waiting to hear when he is able to take me again. However, he said I can go by myself to some spots I know about.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:28 PM
Spike

This hunting season is going to be my first hunting and reading all the comments make me super excited for the things to come
Old 10-20-2021, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have to stop elk hunting for right now, my car broke down and is in the shop. I’ll resume when I get my car back. Season ends December 31.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Finally got my car back. It was a starter solenoid problem. Hunt resumes tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

well good luck to you
Old 11-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Jnicholes, 2 weeks for a starter solenoid?? Man, that's a messed up supply chain. Best of luck on the hunt.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Jnicholes, 2 weeks for a starter solenoid?? Man, that's a messed up supply chain. Best of luck on the hunt.
It wasn’t really the supply chain. You see, the mechanic was VERY busy, so we took the car back and I fixed it myself. I am not an auto mechanic, but I do have experience with cars.

It took a while to fix.

Anyway, no harvest so far. I’ll keep you all updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.