Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Blackie

Old 09-03-2021, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Big Blackie

Got a pick of this guy on my trail cam twice. This guy stands almost as tall as a mature doe. I wish I would have gotten a pic of him head on or walking away to see his girth. Went up today to hang stands for archery season and, not sure if its the same one or not, a whole lot of sassafras trees in the area were pulled down with claw marks on the trunks trying to get to the fruit on the upper branches. Some of the trees were 3" and 4" in diameter! In about 5 more weeks archery and muzzleloader bear will be in.
Attached Thumbnails Big Blackie-mfdc2446-copy2.jpg  

Last edited by bronko22000; 09-03-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks like a nice bear.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like decent sized male there for sure
I just had a sow with 3 cubs in my back yard eating fallen apples off my apple tree's!
she was thin as a rail, skin sagging all over, way under weight looking sow, kids must be sucking her dry!
its amazing how much weight they can loose and regain each yr!
she was 350 when tagged last fall, and right now I'd say she' s l maybe about 140 lbs

she needs to find a corn field and dig in and gain some weight back before winter, and make some farmer very unhappy , or get his money's worth out of his crop damage ins! HAHA!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

He looks big. His ears look big though too from this angle. I only know about little bears though

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that one.

-Jake
Old 09-04-2021, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hopefully the trees are still bearing fruit when the season opens as that sounds like a good spot to catch that big boy loafing . You aren't boiling down those sassafras bark/roots are you
Old 09-04-2021, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Hopefully the trees are still bearing fruit when the season opens as that sounds like a good spot to catch that big boy loafing . You aren't boiling down those sassafras bark/roots are you
LOL No but I do cut a couple down every year because our parrot loves to chew on them and remove the bark. The web says its healthy for them because it contains small amounts of aspirin!
Old 09-04-2021, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hold up Clem, y'all got a parrot? Does it take the Florida/Texas trips with you? I had a Cockatiel growing up. Fun pets.
​​​​​​-Jake
Old 09-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hope to find one like him when I go to CO next month. But if I find him he wont be black since most the bear in the srea I will be hunting are cinnamons
Old 09-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flags
Hope to find one like him when I go to CO next month. But if I find him he wont be black since most the bear in the srea I will be hunting are cinnamons
I shot a blonde one in Idaho several years ago. Beautiful animal. The body is all blonde with cinnamon legs. When I saw the color coming through the brush I initially thought it was an elk!
Old 09-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

He looks to be a decent sized bear. But big looking ears tell a different story. Big bears there heads grow big and wider making the ears look smaller not bigger. But nonetheless a decent looking bear..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.