Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fall can't come soon enough >

Fall can't come soon enough

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fall can't come soon enough

Old 08-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you timbrhuntr she is excited about it and we both hope to have a decent bull early in the hunt. But we will have to wait and see..
Old 08-11-2021, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
They are supposed to be opening up the border by the end of this month? If it’s anything like traveling to Canada it will take a lot of paperwork and the like. As of this week US citizens can cross into Canada but it’s slow going over and there’s some requirements around Covid that needs to be met.
And this is relevant to the thread how???
Old 08-11-2021, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looking forward to Oct for my native CO. Got a limited area bear tag I hope to fill
Old 08-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mthusker
Actually no except for the comment before me. Also the fact there’s some that travels to New Foundland Quebec and other areas hunting on here. But the comment above is why it was posted.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Actually no except for the comment before me. Also the fact there’s some that travels to New Foundland Quebec and other areas hunting on here. But the comment above is why it was posted.
I understood that Phil. Good luck to you and your wife on the hunt. It was great to meet you two a couple years ago here at my place..
Old 08-11-2021, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
You can blame that on me, I commented and added about the fact that I could also have been in Montana or elsewhere out west if Biden would open the border to land crossing ! So Phil was reacting to that and that is how it was relevant . Sorry for making a post on your thread that wasn't relevant hope you have fun chasing those bulls I'll refrain from commenting from now on and just read so it doesn't get taken the wrong way again or seem like I am hijacking your thread !

Last edited by Timbrhuntr; 08-11-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I understood that Phil. Good luck to you and your wife on the hunt. It was great to meet you two a couple years ago here at my place..
Thank you CI .. It was awesome meeting up with you and the Mrs at your place as well. I can’t wait for October 11 so my wife and I can head out after her moose. I have been on only two moose hunts before. Both of those took a whole 15 minutes into the hunt and we had moose meat..

Don’t worry about me chiming in on that border issue at all. Like you I have already had enough of this guy. I will be ignoring all his posts in the future. I only answered you on what I am hearing as I live close to the border as well. But one thing for sure is I can’t wait for October to get my wife on a moose. If I can call another one out in 15 minutes that my friend will be pretty much unheard of. Especially during the October season when the bulls are tied up with the cows..
Old 08-12-2021, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

If he wants to post on a thread by himself he can journal in Microsoft word. My guess is he didn't notice the post that Phil was replying to. And was confused by Phil's post.
Phil-has your wife been a hunter in the past or is she just going cause she drew this tag? I had two great aunt's that were still hunting when I was younger. One was quite an accomplished hunter. She'd hunted in Canada and Alaska. Had taken moose, grizzly, caribou and all sorts of whitetail. As well as several PA black bear( before the population boom we're enjoying now).

My wife very casually hunts. Good weather days, special draws etc, and has taken a handful of whitetail. I don't think I could get her on a "hard" hunt like what may be required to put a tag on a moose.

Or an elk. (Just so it relates to the original topic. )
-Jake
Old 08-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Replying to Jake… My wife has been with me on a few hunts. But, in reality I wouldn’t call her much of a hunter. But, she is very excited to go on a moose hunt with me. She has seen pictures of the moose that I have called out and heard the stories of my previous moose hunts. But, I don’t know how long she will last at getting up early in the morning. She is most definitely not used to that. But she wants to go and try shooting it. One thing that I can say is she is a great shot. She had her license before she could get her tag because she had previously taken her hunter safety course. So we can’t wait for the October hunt to get here. But mostly because she drew a tag and is hoping to get something she can talk about for years to come. PS I have a couple of moose in my trail cam post. Either one would make a decent moose to get..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-13-2021 at 07:41 AM.