Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fall can't come soon enough >

Fall can't come soon enough

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Fall can't come soon enough

Old 07-09-2021, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Fall can't come soon enough

Seeing this herd of bulls last night, fall can't get here soon enough. Praying for rain though. Obviously a lot can change between now and then, but these were a beautiful sight!
Attached Thumbnails Fall can't come soon enough-attachment.jpg  
Old 07-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that’s a bachelor group!
Old 07-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I agree that's a bunch of boy's there
best of luck com fall , I gather most will still be there for you!
Old 07-10-2021, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Have no idea if they will be around when season starts going, LOL. Hoping they and others are. Many areas of Montana are in very dry conditions, lots of apprehension for fires getting started right now in most places. God forbid, a fire get started somewhere, but likely some places will face just that this summer.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

The dry weather persist here in Montana. Currently at our home in Big Timber and there is a major fire on the esst side of the Crazy mnts. 40 or so miles as the crow flies. At this point, folks are even praying winter comes early, several fires here and across the west will continue until it does. Sad.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Took these pics a couple evenings ago on ranch I hunt. Saw a handful of bigger bulls further out, but couldn't get a good pic of them. There also were about 40 head of cow's and calf's coming down to hay fields also. Montana still needs moisture so badly. Going to be some land closures if weather pattern does not change I am sure.
Attached Thumbnails Fall can't come soon enough-20210805_201049.jpg   Fall can't come soon enough-20210805_201120.jpg  
Old 08-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

First year I hunted Montana they said they were in a four year drought. Sucked for the rancher as he was having to import alfalfa to feed his cattle as he couldn't grow enough. However as a hunter I had a pronghorn tag and the amount of game that hit the only water hole was amazing. I counted at least 5 shooter mule deer bucks and several pronghorn but the big buck would skirt the hole during the day. Now I can't cross over to hunt until Biden decides to open the land border ! I have enough points for mulie and pronghorn which I'm sure would be lined up at the fish barrel I mean waterhole ! Have fun for me and I hope you can get a little relief from the dry weather before they decide to close areas !
Old 08-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are supposed to be opening up the border by the end of this month? If it’s anything like traveling to Canada it will take a lot of paperwork and the like. As of this week US citizens can cross into Canada but it’s slow going over and there’s some requirements around Covid that needs to be met.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can hardly wait for October to get here. My wife has a moose tag and I am itching to try and put her on a moose..
Old 08-11-2021, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I can hardly wait for October to get here. My wife has a moose tag and I am itching to try and put her on a moose..
Awesome. I haven't hunted moose in over 10 years as it got harder to get a tag . Coincidently they apparently just changed the moose regs and now are awarding tags on a point system. I just got a letter that in 2011 since I was unsuccessful in the draw I have one point now Bwahaha ! I guess all the years unsuccessful before that didn't count gotta make the cutoff some where I guess ! Congrats on getting the tag and since my hunting will be limited again this fall I anxiously await the tale of your better halves hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.