Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Management or Trophy Mulie Buck? >

Management or Trophy Mulie Buck?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Management or Trophy Mulie Buck?

Old 01-25-2021, 08:00 PM
Spike

The first pic is my free range Mule I got 5 years ago. It scored just shy of 199”. Technically not a trophy but definitely a trophy to me. The second was my mule from this year. Still at the taxidermist so no score yet but as others have said mass adds up quickly and I’m not 100% certain he will score as much as one would think. As others have stated there is more to it then just the score when determining a trophy. I’m also interested in hearing what it scored.
Attached Thumbnails Management or Trophy Mulie Buck?-199828a8-4448-4817-8dd7-435baaf0e768.jpg   Management or Trophy Mulie Buck?-bdc242d7-bbfe-4760-8458-dcba87af88ab.jpeg  

Last edited by zcilahim; 01-25-2021 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zcilahim
The first pic is my free range Mule I got 5 years ago. It scored just shy of 199”. Technically not a trophy but definitely a trophy to me. The second was my mule from this year. Still at the taxidermist so no score yet but as others have said mass adds up quickly and I’m not 100% certain he will score as much as one would think. As others have stated there is more to it then just the score when determining a trophy. I’m also interested in hearing what it scored.
To my knowledge it was never scored, he realizes by b&c it is nothing to write home about. That said, it was his best Montana buck, and he was hunting with two of his boys, a buck and a hunt they will always treasure I am sure. If a person doesn't consider a 199 buck a trophy, not sure what world they are living in myself, lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mthusker
To my knowledge it was never scored, he realizes by b&c it is nothing to write home about. That said, it was his best Montana buck, and he was hunting with two of his boys, a buck and a hunt they will always treasure I am sure. If a person doesn't consider a 199 buck a trophy, not sure what world they are living in myself, lol.
I agree with you 100%. To me the adventure and the memory is what matters most so to him it should be considered a trophy and to the manager it should be a nice buck and not one to kick up a stink about. I’ve harvested a lot of smaller deer that carried all the same memories as the big ones.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
so I guess we will never know the score then and or what it possible trophy status will be> LOL

as again, Many many deer like that score a LOT higher than many think they will, MASS added up fast, just look at many whitetail deer that score high all on Mass and not width or long tines!

and also said before and again
a hunt isn;t all about size of game or amounts killed, its about and should be about enjoying the time and memories made while hunting after the game! we hunt