Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Elk Outfitter in Colorado

Old 12-29-2020, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The outfitter I was thinking of is called Rocking R (or something similar). I have not been there but did hear a couple guys that liked them.

If time is your limitation hiring a guide is a good idea, but if you have a couple of weeks, strong legs, good lungs, and a stout heart, going DIY in rough country in South West Colorado is a great adventure (and it is inexpensive).
Old 12-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
The outfitter I was thinking of is called Rocking R (or something similar). I have not been there but did hear a couple guys that liked them.

If time is your limitation hiring a guide is a good idea, but if you have a couple of weeks, strong legs, good lungs, and a stout heart, going DIY in rough country in South West Colorado is a great adventure (and it is inexpensive).
Well, I have a couple of those things but time and knowledge of the areas is currently lacking. Maybe after going with a guide the first time, the next hunt will be more on my time.

Looked up the Rocking R outfitter. Elk hunts are $6K. Little steep priced

Last edited by midsouth; 12-29-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Outfitter are a big rip-off Don't like there elk shot I been to two outfitters.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

That's true. Some outfitters are ripoff artists. But a lot of outfitters are not and honestly work hard to get their hunters on game. An honest outfitter only stays in business by delivering a good hunt with at least some opportunity at a shot whether it's with firearms or archery. The bad outfitters give the good ones bad advertising, etc. But that's why we should all do our due diligence in investigating a potential outfitter. There are some outfitters on this forum that I'd love to hunt with. If you have a bad outfitter 9or 2 it looks like), feel free to post a review on both of them in the outfitter review forum (see link below). That's where you can post the good and bad, warts and all.

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hun...r-reviews-145/

Old 03-21-2021, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Start by picking an area you’d like to hunt, pick a season, then call the forest service and get a list of outfitters for that area. A lot of the good otc outfitters will be booked for the 2021 season already. I know a few of the guys I work for are booked for archery and 2/3 seasons already. Even in a draw unit for archery. It’s a big state with A LOT of outfitters. Once you select an area and season then it’ll narrow your search down drastically.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by midsouth
Well, I have a couple of those things but time and knowledge of the areas is currently lacking. Maybe after going with a guide the first time, the next hunt will be more on my time.

Looked up the Rocking R outfitter. Elk hunts are $6K. Little steep priced
I'm certainly not saying some outfits are high priced, but always remember, you get what you pay for. This includes an elk hunt.